Are your New Year’s fitness resolutions starting to falter? Get your motivation back with a little help from Master Lock!
To celebrate National Random Acts of Kindness Week (February 13-19), the company that ensures your belongings are secure will be helping people “lock up” their resolutions by giving out useful tips and hosting a fun giveaway on the Master Lock Facebook page. The company is even handing out free 1534-D Set-Your-Own Combination Password Locks in select cities to help to help inspire gym goers!
If you’re hunting for a little motivation of your own, Master Lock has compiled some tips to help you turn a New Year’s Resolution into a life-long habit:
- Write It Down…and Share It: Simply thinking through your resolutions and storing them mentally isn’t going to ensure you stay committed. Having a list of goals in your organizer, smart phone, or social media profile that you can easily access and share will reinforce your promise to yourself and spur encouragement from your followers and friends.
- Get the Right Gear: Whether your goals revolve around getting back in the gym or being more organized at home, having the right products to help you succeed is a must. For organization, the 7148D document storage box can help keep important documents safely filed away. To securely organize your digital life, register for a free account at www.masterlockvault.com to safely store your user names, passwords and other confidential data for easy access anytime, anywhere. Getting good shoes, proper workout wear, and a new gym lock such as the 1534D Password lock will help reinvigorate your enthusiasm to exercise.
- Do it for a Month: In order for a new behaviour to become a habit, you must stick to it for at least 30 days. Setting this small goal will make achieving your overall resolution more realistic. Plus, you can be encouraged when you’ve reached the one-month mark and assess your progress.
- Keep a Journal: Commit to writing one to two sentences about your progress toward your goals each day. Keeping a written record of how you’re doing will keep your resolution top of mind and motivate you to continue to make changes.
- One Step at a Time: Don’t set too many goals and then try tackling them all at once. Make one goal your priority and focus on changing your habits to achieve it. Once you’ve mastered it, set your sights on two additional goals, giving yourself realistic timelines to achieve them and go from there.
I’ll be featuring a review and giveaway of the ingenious 1534D Password Lock in the upcoming weeks, but if you just can’t wait for your chance to get your hands on one, check out the Master Lock Facebook page for your chance to win your own Password Lock, Visa gift cards or other great prizes! It’s a great way to celebrate National Random Acts of Kindness Week and regain your motivation to improve your health in 2012!