For some families, school has started again for another year and for others, that momentous first day is just a few weeks away. Of course, there are binders, pencils and notebooks to be purchased for the new school year, but there are also lunches to plan! Coming up with creative and healthy lunches that kids are excited about eating isn’t always easy so Earth’s Best Organic has some great tips to make the job easier:
- When it comes to feeding children, finding a balance is very important. Adding different fruits like grapes, strawberries, blueberries and melons in a fruit salad to your child’s lunch is a great idea as bite size pieces are easier to chew and it may even look more visually appealing to your child.
- Stay away from sugary soft drinks. Include low-fat milk, water or 100% juice drinks like Earth’s Best juice boxes.
- Sending along carrot sticks? Put a little bit of veggie dip in a container as a fun addition on the side.
- Make it a healthy habit to go to the store at least once a week to stock up on necessary lunch items. Having a variety of items on hand will make the early morning planning process much easier.
- Instead of packing chips and cookies, try including whole wheat pretzels or crackers.
- Let your child feel like they are in control by offering them two healthy snack items to choose from. This gives them a choice while parents still maintain ultimate control.
And finally, why not let your child enjoy a little treat after their meal by including Earth’s Best Sunny Days Snack Bars in their lunchbox? These tasty cereal bars are naturally sweetened and filled with real fruit. They are also a source of calcium, zinc and essential vitamins. But best of all, they have a taste that kids are sure to love! Zackary and Benjamin both get excited about having one of these yummy bars, which come in kid-friendly flavours including Apple and Strawberry, for a snack.
If you’re getting ready for another year of packing lunches, you’re in luck! Earth’s Best Organic is very generously offering one lucky Mommy Kat and Kids reader an Earth’s Best Sunny Days Snack Bars prize pack! To enter to win, just leave a blog comment about your child’s favourite healthy snack.
Packing fun and healthy lunches can be a hassle sometimes, but the snacks and treats from Earth’s Best Organic can make the job a lot easier. Why not give them a try and let your child discover which Earth’s Best snack is his favourite?
a Rafflecopter giveaway