I love entertaining over the holidays, but it can be a bit stressful sometimes too! Cleaning the house, decorating, preparing food and planning entertainment can all take time and leave me feeling a little frazzled by the time my company actually arrives! That’s why I was delighted when I received this great list of party planning tips from Metro.
Metro has ten stress-free tips to make any party the talk of the town! The company has done the research and put together a list of need-to-know tips and techniques for an effortlessly unforgettable get-together.
- Creative serving – Instead of communal bowls of nuts, try a more eye catching and hygienic presentation by putting snacks in clear-glass, narrow-necked decanters. Guests can pour nut and trail mixes themselves, and it looks great, too!
- Stagger serving times – If all food is served at the start of the night, guests are likely to gorge and go home early. Keep your party hopping by serving your tasty hors d’oeuvres all night long.
- Impress with a signature cocktail – Channel your inner mixologist and offer guests a unique signature cocktail for your holiday party. Be sure to have other non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages to offer alongside this cocktail.
- Prep in advance – The ‘day of’ for the party planner is always hectic! Between set up, last minute errands, and wrangling the kids – stress is high. Try prepping what you can a few days before. Things like fruit trays, cheese and cracker platters and Swedish meatballs can all be put together a day or two in advance.
- Presentation is everything – When preparing food trays and hors d’oeuvres platters, have fun! Use the Canadian winter landscape as inspiration by placing pinecones and frosted pine needles in your tray display.
- Fast and fancy – Limited time? Solicit the help of the frozen food aisle! Metro’s private label line, Irresistibles, offers delicious appetizers perfect for party planners, with selection and creativity covered.
- Tidy as you go – No one likes waking up to a mess, by tidying bit by bit during your party, the house will be kept clean for your guests, too!
- Set the ambiance – A beautiful candle display can never go wrong at a holiday party
- Provide plenty of options – Be sure to provide an assortment of appetizer options at your holiday bash to keep all types of appetites full and happy!
- Enjoy yourself – This is your party, too! You’ve worked hard and it’s important to enjoy the environment, interact with your guests and taste your delicious treats!
I also received a beautiful gift basket containing some of Metro’s tastiest treats. I swooned over the sweets, which included Irresistibles Truffles and European Biscuits. And the Irresistibles Sundried Tomato Mini Crisps and Deluxe Double Baked Toasts made preparing gourmet appetizers so much easier!
Metro has a great selection of frozen appetizers and fresh goodies available as well to help make your party a delicious one. So take a deep breath, relax and get ready to enjoy a night with your company without feeling frazzled!