While there is a lot that I love about the holidays, there are some parts of the Christmas season that I’m not as crazy about and one of those has to be holiday entertaining. I love the actual entertaining event, but since I don’t enjoy cleaning at all, preparing my house for a crowd is not something that I look forward to. Fortunately, this year I had help, thanks to some great tips from Colin Cowie, lifestyle expert and celebrity party planner and essential holiday products from Proctor and Gamble!
- Start with a holiday colour theme that you love and tie it into everything from invitations to decorations.
- Good lighting is a must. Use dimmers and Febreze candles to add ambiance. The new Cranberries and Frost products are perfect for the holidays and also make great stocking stuffers or thank you gifts.
- Let guests help themselves. Set up cutlery and napkins before guests arrive and consider having food stations set up instead of a formal sit down dinner.
- Always be ready for guests. Store a Swiffer WetJet with a Swiffer WetJet Extra Power Pad in the hall closet, you can quickly clean up before guests pull into the driveway and your floors will shine.
- Hide the mess. Preload the dishwasher with Cascade All-in-1 ActionPacs and load dishes as you use them. For the dishes you need to hand wash use a fast acting dish soap like Dawn Original. Dawn will give you an overnight soak in 5 minutes so you aren’t stuck in the kitchen cleaning up all night.
Proctor and Gamble want to help your home look its best for holiday entertaining too so the company is very generously offering one lucky Mommy Kat and Kids reader their own holiday entertaining prize pack! To enter to win, just leave a blog comment with a holiday entertaining tip.
While cleaning my house to prepare for holiday entertaining is something I’m never really going to enjoy, the products from P&G definitely made it easier. And the Cranberries and Frost Febreze products were especially helpful at adding a festive look and smell to my household. With Proctor and Gamble, getting your home holiday-ready is a quick and easy job!
a Rafflecopter giveaway