On February 27, 2013, We Day will come to Saskatchewan for the first time even and it promises to be an event of epic proportions. Among the star-studded lineup are JUNO and MMVA award-winning recording artists Hedley and Shawn Desman and legendary actor and activist Martin Sheen.
“As a long-time supporter of Free The Children, I’m excited to be a part of We Day Saskatchewan and help provide youth with the knowledge, support and confidence to become leaders in social change,” said Martin Sheen. “We need to send the youth of today a message that resonates and reiterates that one person can make the difference of a lifetime”.
Believing in the power of youth to make a difference, the lineup of performers and speakers will come together to address pressing world issues and ignite the students’ passion to be a part of the solution. Leading the electric crowd will be host, television personality and recording artist, Jesse Giddings, along with internationally acclaimed children rights activists and founders of Free The Children, Craig and Marc Kielburger. The announced lineup, with more to be revealed, includes:
- Martin Sheen – Emmy and Golden Globe Award winning actor and activist
- Hedley – Multi-platinum, JUNO and MMVA Award winning recording artists
- Mia Farrow – Award winning actress and activist
- Luke Bilyk and Aislinn Paul – Cast members from DEGRASSI
- Shawn Desman – Platinum-selling, JUNO and MMVA Award-winning recording artist
- Karl Wolf – International recording artist, Socan & MTV Europe Music Award winner
- Jake Zeldin – 13-year-old Toronto rapper who goes by “Lil JaXe”
- A performance by ONE DROP, a Cirque du Soleil Founder’s initiative
- Craig and Marc Kielburger – founders of Free The Children
- Molly Burke – Me to We motivational speaker
- Robin Wiszowaty – Author and Free The Children’s Kenya Program Director
- Jesse Giddings – Recording artist, TV personality and host of We Day Saskatchewan
Thanks to Telus Mobility, one of the national sponsors of We Day, I’ll be attending We Day Saskatchewan and I am so excited to experience the passion and inspiration that I know is in store. Keep an eye out for a special video about the event in early March and if you haven’t already, don’t forget to enter to win a Samsung Galaxy Ace II X smartphone worth $250 to celebrate this monumental event!