One of the things I remember most about parenting when my boys were babies was how overwhelming it was trying to decide where to shop for baby gear. With strollers and furniture at one store, clothing at another and diapers at a third, I could potentially have spent half a day running from place to place stocking up on baby essentials! But I soon fell in love with those select few stores that offered a wide variety of products both for me and for my baby. One-stop shopping is always a win for me!
And right now one-stop shopping just got even better thanks to the Baby Event! Between now and October 23, visit Loblaws, Atlantic Superstore, Extra Foods, Your Independent Grocer, Zehrs Markets, Valu-mart and Real Canadian Superstore to save on all your favourite baby needs, such as Pampers. Need a few more ideas to help you shop more efficiently? Give these easy tips a try!
- Always go with a list. Do you often find yourself aimlessly wandering around the grocery store, forgetting what you’re missing at home? By making a to-buy list you can target exactly what you need, allowing you to get in and get out. And, you can save money by only purchasing necessities!
- Navigate the store like a pro. If you visit the same store each week, organize your list by aisles to save you from backtracking.
- Schedule a shopping day. Pick one day a week and designate as your “shopping day”. This way everyone in the family knows to request the items they need before then, which will help you avoid multiple trips to the store.
- Pick a store that has everything you need. Don’t waste time travelling, going from store to store. Instead, visit a store that meets all your needs – from food, to clothing to baby necessities like Pampers.
- Look for specials & shopping events that’ll help you save. Visit Loblaws, Atlantic Superstore, Extra Foods, Your Independent Grocer, Zehrs Markets, Valu-mart or Real Canadian Superstore from October 10-23 for the baby event. The event includes exciting offers on all things baby to make shopping even more convenient! Check out the flyer from your participating banners for details!
One of my favourite tips for more efficient shopping is to only do one large shopping trip a month and visit every single aisle in the store when you do. That way you’ll remember to stock up on all the essentials you need and will only have a few items to buy in the coming weeks. That one large trip can save a lot of time during the rest of the month!
And if you have an infant at home, there’s no better time to stock up on all your family’s essentials than during the Baby Event! Head into a participating retailer to grab all the food, clothing, diapers and other necessities you need at great prices, and then relax in the coming weeks knowing that your household is stocked with all the essentials. This is one event that parents shouldn’t miss!