When you think about symbols that immediately remind you of Canada, baking soda probably doesn’t spring to mind as much as maple syrup, beavers and a double-double coffee do.
But Arm & Hammer Baking Soda has actually been a must-have in Canadian households for over a century! So to celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday, the team at Arm & Hammer – with the help of their loyal fans – have come up with more than 100 uses for baking soda. If you’d like to see this old dog do some new tricks, you’ve got to check them out:
- Baby, baby, baby. Baking soda is an all-natural cleaning product that’s gentle enough for even the tiniest baby clothes, yet effective enough for big baby odours. It can be used to treat spills on carpets, clean equipment and toys, deodorize baby bottles and diaper pails as well as freshen stuffed animals to give them a new life.
- Have you tried it in the bathroom? It helps remove the dirt and grime from bathroom tiles or no-wax floors quickly and easily. It’s also effective at cleaning shower curtains, deodorizing drains and wastebaskets, surface-safe cleaning and for septic system care.
- Not just for cooking in the kitchen. Yes, Arm & Hammer Baking Soda is a staple baking ingredient as it causes dough or batter to rise, becoming light and porous when heated. But it can also be used in the kitchen to clean lunch boxes, microwave ovens, dishes, pots and pans, recyclables, drains and garbage disposals. Did I mention it removes odours from plastic containers, polishes silver, freshens sponges and stinky sinks, refreshes tea pots, cups and mugs and works great as a fruit and vegetable scrub? It’s also a common deodorizer for fridges and freezers. Changing the box regularly (every 30 days is recommended) helps ensure optimal odour elimination.
- Don’t fret about your floors. It helps remove unsightly scuff marks (without unwanted scratch marks) from tile and no-wax floors. It’s also great at neutralizing common household odours and freshening stale-smelling air in your home.
- Tackles the greasiest of garages. Arm & Hammer Baking Soda safely cleans your car lights, chrome, windows, tires, vinyl seats and floor mats without you having to worry about unwanted scratch marks. It’s also a great deodorizer for car interiors and camper water tanks, and tackles oil and grease stains on your garage floor or driveway.
- Smelly gear no more. Use Arm & Hammer baking soda to clean and deodorize smelly sports equipment like hockey or camping gear, as well as gym bags.
- Don’t forget to take it outside. It is a must-have for your next camping trip! It’s a dish and pot scrubber, hand cleanser and deodorant, just to name a few. It also cleans your plastic and vinyl pool toys as well as lawn furniture when it’s time to bring them out for the summer, and works wonders on barbecue grills.
And that’s not all!
Because of the gentle and all-natural formula of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda, it’s a popular personal hygiene product for many. It can be used as a body and facial scrub, hand cleanser and a refreshing bath soak. It also helps to fight bad breath and body odour and is great for washing hair.
Personally, I love doing a microdermabrasion scrub with Arm & Hammer Baking Soda about once a week. It’s great at gently removing dead skin cells to brighten and refresh my complexion!
For more tips on ways you can clean, freshen and beautify with baking soda, make sure to visit www.armandhammer.com!
While baking soda may not be the most iconic symbol of Canada, it sure is one that I’m happy to have in the house. From cookies to cleaning, it’s always been one of my top choices for all kinds of things since it’s safe, versatile and inexpensive!
Check out the website and see what new uses you can discover for your box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda!