It’s less than a month until the new school year starts and if you’re stocking up on school supplies, you’ll want to consider adding the Master Lock 5900D SafeSpace portable safe to your shopping list! It’s a great way to help students keep their valuables secure whether the items are in a desk or a locker. Check out this video on just how easy the SafeSpace portable safe is to use!
Getting married is one of the biggest events in life, with the big day alone often taking months of planning. But staying safe and secure during all the important marriage and newlywed moments is something that doesn’t occur to many couples. Master Lock has some great tips and products to help ensure that happy couples are able to easily keep important items safe and organized, from tax paperwork to the marriage license.
- The Registry: Although more than 2 million couples tie the knot each year, a recent study shows that up to 84 percent of U.S. and Canadian residents do not include safety items on their wedding registry. Adding a durable, long-lasting safe, such as the Sentry Safe FHW40200 Waterproof Fire-Resistant File, to your registry will help ensure your valuables, marriage license and other important belongings are protected and safeguarded for years to come.
- The Honeymoon: Whether you are traveling to an exotic destination or spending the weekend away, your honeymoon is a celebratory time for you and your spouse. As you pack your sunglasses, sandals and suits, don’t forget to lock up your luggage with a Master Lock 4688D or 4692D TSA-Accepted Luggage Lock to protect your valuables while traveling. Make sure to keep credit cards, cash, jewelry and other small items in the portable Master Lock 5900D SafeSpace personal safe to secure your belongings while you have some fun in the sun.
- The Home: Buying your dream home and moving in together may be the first time couples combine their belongings. From electronics to jewelry, your home is the place where all of your personal valuables and belongings are located. With a burglary occurring every 15 seconds, turn your house into a safe haven with added protection and security measures. Beyond customary locks, use a Master Lock 265DCCSEN Door Security Bar to resist forced entry through front, patio or sliding glass doors.
- The Finances: Filing jointly with your spouse offers many advantages, and with a new marital status comes significant changes that could affect your taxes. Couples who jointly file are able to deduct two exemption amounts from their income and qualify for multiple credits. To keep all your necessary tax documents organized and protected throughout the year, use the Master Lock Vault, a free, digital safe deposit box, to store credit card numbers and digital copies of tax forms or other important documents in a secure, reliable location for easy access from any smart phone or computer.
- The Commitment: Getting married should be a positive time in your life, and committing to your spouse and relationship is a significant milestone. As in other areas of your life, marriage will be full of ups and downs. Planning for the long-term, discussing your goals, compromising and making sacrifices are all important steps to creating a happy and strong foundation together.
Even though paying income tax is a pain for many people, the taxes we pay are what allow us to live such a comfortable life and that’s a privilege many don’t have! But there’s no question that it can be frustrating filing all that paperwork and potentially paying a large amount of money owed too. These three tips are ones I’ve discovered that help me make the most of tax season.
1) Don’t Pay Until You Have To
While many people look forward to getting a big refund at the end of the year, paying taxes this way actually means you’re losing out on potential extra money. A tax expert once told me that a big tax refund simply means you’ve been paying more tax each month than was required. And that’s the equivalent of giving the government an interest-free loan for the year. Instead, request less tax be taken off and put the difference into a high-interest savings account. Then simply pay any tax owed at the end of the year. It takes a little discipline to save this way, but it means extra money in your pocket after you file! [Read more…]
I am one of those odd people that loves tax season, and this year is no exception. I’ve always done my taxes myself and enjoy both the challenge of the process and the chance to see how well I’ve done in the year. There are all kinds of life events that can make a difference when it comes time to file taxes and this month, as part of the Master Lock Live Secure Safety Squad, I’ll be sharing three easy tips for tax time.
Personally, I’ve found that one of the best ways to ensure I’m getting the maximum refund possible is to look for deductions specific to my life situation. For example, for the first time since having kids I’ve needed childcare occasionally for my boys this year. In Canada, that’s a tax deduction for me and one I’ve never been able to use in the past. Similarly, moving to a new town for work, buying a house and retiring all create different opportunities to save when filing income tax. Finding those deductions can make a big impact on your final tax payments. [Read more…]
Growing older is a fact of life, but it does create new challenges too, especially where safety is concerned. Even something as simple as a short walk to get the mail can be hazardous for a senior that has minor mobility issues. And a house that’s perfectly functional in early years may need modifications to be comfortable later in life.
Master Lock has always been passionate about helping people feel safe and this month the company is offering one lucky Mommy Kat and Kids reader a special Senior Safety prize pack worth $143! Containing a $50 Visa Gift Card, a 5422D Master Lock Portable Key Safe, a 5900D Master Lock SafeSpace and a 265DCCSEN Master Lock Door Security Bar, this package is a great way to add a little extra security to the life of a senior you care about. To enter to win, just leave a blog comment about which of these three Master Lock products is your favourite. [Read more…]