I was never a picky eater when I was a child, so I must admit that I find my boys’ fussiness about food to be rather frustrating.
Zackary currently argues against eating virtually any new food I put in front of him and Benjamin, despite the fact that he actually likes every food I give him, inevitably refuses to try anything that his brother has refused to taste.
Needless to say, I will try anything when it comes to getting my little picky eaters to try new things. So I was very excited when I learned about the quick and easy Chinese New Year recipes currently being featured on the brand new VH Facebook page!
I got the chance to try one of these tasty family-friendly meals for myself so I decided to indulge a little with Bacon-Wrapped Sweet & Sour Pork
I couldn’t believe how easy this recipe was; with just four ingredients and steps, what a perfect main dish for a busy mom!
The bacon-wrapped pork looked so classy and the VH Sweet and Sour Sauce that I drizzled over the top really completed the entire elegant look of the meal.
I’ve always been better at hearty home-style meals than gorgeous gourmet ones, but this amazing VH recipe made creating a gourmet meal easy!
Best of all, both of my boys loved their special Chinese New Year meal! It just goes to show that when you’re cooking for a house full of males, making a main dish that’s wrapped in bacon is probably a good decision!
Chinese New Year runs for fifteen days, so the upcoming few weeks are a great time to introduce some ethnic flavours into your usual meal routine.
By adding kid-friendly themed decorations like paper lanterns and fun extras like fortune cookies to your meal, you may just get your children excited to try a new meal!
But, best of all, with the oh-so-easy Chinese New Year-themed recipes from VH, adding a little diversity to your menu doesn’t have to mean a bunch of extra work either!
So get ready to ring in the Year of the Dragon with a kid-friendly ethnic meal that’s as easy as it is delicious, with a little help from VH Sauces and the great recipes on the VH Facebook page!
- 1 lb (500 gr) pork tenderloin
- 1 tsbp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 8-10 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup VH Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Heat oven to 400˚F (200˚F), slice tenderloin into 2 pieces.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high and brown the pork, about 7 minutes.
- Layer 4-5 bacon slices side by side on a cutting board, allow edges to only slightly overlap. Place one piece of pork across the bottom ends of the bacon strips and brush with VH® Sweet & Sour Sauce.
- Roll the bacon around the tenderloin and place the wrapped pork seam side down in a baking dish. Repeat with second piece and remaining bacon.
- Place baking dish in oven and cook until bacon is browned and pork is cooked through, about 30 minutes. (pork should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160˚F (70˚C).
- When pork is ready, slice and serve with sautéed bok choy and additional VH® Sweet & Sour Sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 626mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 15g