Summer is here and when you fire up the barbeque this weekend, Saputo want to help you liven things up with a fantastic gourmet barbeque menu featuring delicious Saputo cheeses.
I received a gorgeous gift basket containing some fancy barbeque supplies and coupons for Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese so that I could test out one of the scrumptious recipes for myself.
When I saw the Mozzarellissima Mushroom Burger recipe on the website, I knew that was the one I would be creating.
Sautéing the mushroom and onion to add to the meat took a bit of time, but after that whipping up these burgers was quick and easy, especially with the help of a burger press.
The burgers looked so scrumptious and I couldn’t wait to get them on the grill!
The cheese is actually cubed up and mixed into the meat in this recipe, and having bubbles of tasty melted cheese cooked right into the burger was wonderful.
To ensure that my boys, who “think” they don’t like mushrooms, didn’t complain about these burgers, I chopped the mushrooms rather than slicing them so that they weren’t visible in the cooked burgers.
Sure enough, the boys gobbled up their burgers without a word and my husband and I got to enjoy all the tasty mushroom flavour we love!
Having tried one of these recipes, I’ll certainly be trying others this summer; it’s so fun to break away from the standard hot dogs and chicken and create something really spectacular for our barbeque meals.
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) ground beef
- 250 g (9 oz) Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese, cut in small cubes
- 200 g (7 oz) white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6-7 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 oz white wine
- Olive oil
- Hamburger buns
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Desired burger toppings (lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.)
- In a pan, sauté mushrooms and green onions in a drizzle of olive oil until tender, about five minutes.
- Deglaze pan with white wine. Once the wine has evaporated, remove the vegetables from heat and let cool. Add salt to taste.
- In a bowl, mix ground beef, mushroom mixture, Mozzarellissima, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape the mixture into balls and flatten them to form hamburger patties.
- Place hamburgers on the BBQ. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, or according to your personal cooking preference.
- Top burgers with desired garnishes and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 burger
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7.1gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 479mgCarbohydrates: 24.1gFiber: 1.4gSugar: 3.4gProtein: 50.3g