I love making fancy, decadent desserts but between my blog and my boys, I don’t have a whole lot of time to spend in the kitchen. Quick and easy is the name of the game in this house!
I love pies for just that reason. Pastry is the most finicky part of most pies, but a store-bought shell simplifies the job and speeds up my cooking.
It took me quite a while to master a basic pie pastry and while I do make it myself every once in a while, I love using Tenderflake Deep Dish Pie Shells or my favourite graham cracker shell when I’m eager to get dessert finished quickly.
So when I was looking for a fun spring dessert for our family’s upcoming Easter celebration, I grabbed a graham cracker pie crust from the store and started brainstorming. Since spring always has me craving fresh, fruity flavours, I used the crust to create an incredibly simple Frozen Berry Cream Pie.
I used my KitchenAid Stand Mixer to whip up this dessert and the filling was ready in mere minutes. The blend of berries and ice cream was fresh, light and satisfying, perfect for a spring dessert!
I love the way that a store-bought pie shell makes creating delicious Easter desserts so easy, and I’m planning to make a few more this week too. Whether you’re whipping up a savoury breakfast quiche or a lemon meringue pie for Easter dessert, not having to make your own pastry will help you get your baking done faster, so you can get back to enjoying some Easter fun with the kids!
- 1 pie shell, regular pastry or graham cracker
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
- If using pastry shell, bake pie shell according to package directions and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, allow ice cream to soften at room temperature for five minutes.
- Blend together softened ice cream, whipping cream and mixed berries by hand or with an electric mixer on low speed until thoroughly combined.
- Pour ice cream filling into pie shell and freeze until firm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g