Halloween is fast approaching and I can already sense the excitement in the air as my boys plan their costumes and anticipate the candy spree they’ll soon be enjoying. I must admit that I never pass up any opportunity to celebrate an event and Halloween is one of my favourite holidays to go all-out decorating the yard and making fun treats.
This year, the boys and I started our celebrating even earlier than usual by making some simple and adorable Halloween Rice Krispies Butterscotch Lollipops. Not only are the treats super easy to make, but they can easily be customized by simply using a different flavour of pudding in the recipe!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pkg. mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butterscotch instant pudding powder
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- lollipop sticks and desired candies
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until mixture is smooth and marshmallows are completely melted.
- Stir in instant pudding powder until well mixed.
- Add cereal and stir until combined.
- Press mixture into greased 9" by 13" pan and let sit about 30 minutes, until set.
- Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Insert lollipop sticks in shapes.
- Decorate as desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Making and decorating these treats was something our whole family enjoyed, and the lollipop sticks make them a fun choice for a party. Personally, I want to try making a batch of bat-shaped treats using chocolate pudding instead of butterscotch. And I’m already planning on making some green tree-shaped lollipops using pistachio pudding when Christmas rolls around!
Visit the Rice Krispies website for other fun Halloween-themed recipes and pick out one or two to make with your children. While kids will love helping you make tasty and delicious treats, spending time with your little pumpkins really is the best treat of all!