I have always been borderline obsessed with Philadelphia Cream Cheese and use it in any recipe I can, every chance I get. Pasta, appetizers, side dishes, desserts…every recipe is a good one for Philly as far as I’m concerned! But now Kraft has done something I wouldn’t have believed was possible by making my beloved Philadelphia Cream Cheese even more delicious. That’s right, Philadelphia Chocolate Brick Cream Cheese is now available in stores!
It goes without saying that I had to use this delectable chocolate dream product in a recipe and the one I chose was already so decadent that I was a little worried I was going overboard by using the Philadelphia Chocolate Brick Cream Cheese. I shouldn’t have worried. My Double Chocolate Oreo Cookie Balls are sinfully rich, it’s true, but that’s what makes them so irresistible!
- 18 Oreo cookies
- 4 oz. 1/2 package Philadelphia Chocolate Brick Cream Cheese (or regular cream cheese)
- 1 pkg., 300 g Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Crush cookies into fine crumbs in bowl.
- Mix in softened cream cheese until completely combined.
- Roll mixture into bite-sized balls and place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Freeze cookie balls for approximately ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate chips in small bowl and microwave at 50% heat approximately three minutes, stirring after each minute until chocolate is smooth.
- Dip frozen cookie balls into chocolate, coating completely, and set on cookie sheet to harden.
- Store in refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 24 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 39mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
I’ve made these chocolate-coated tidbits with original Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese in the past and dipped the balls in milk chocolate instead of the semi-sweet variety. I considered doing the same this time, but since the chocolate cream cheese adds an extra bit of sweetness to the filling, I think the semi-sweet was a better choice. And when Christmas rolls around, I’m going to make another batch using mint Oreo cookies for a special festive flavour!
These treats are so delicious and a great recipe for a chocolate lover, whether you make them with original Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese or the new Philadelphia Chocolate Brick Cream Cheese. Treat yourself to a little chocolate indulgence this weekend by whipping up a batch for your family!