If there’s one meal that my family loves, it’s tacos. And even though tacos are hailed as being an easy meal choice…well darn, they’re just not. First, there’s preparing the beef. Then the endless task of chopping the vegetables and scooping the sauces begins. And then, finally, kids and adults alike can prepare their tacos.
But the work doesn’t end there. Because now, after supper ends, parents get to clean up the toppings that have inevitably spilled onto the floor. Broken taco shells, shredded lettuce, splatters of salsa…there has to be a better way!
Well luckily for taco lovers everywhere, there is! Say hello to your weekday saviour, a meal everyone in the family will rave about…
Slow Cooker Taco Casserole!
My husband was the creator of this delectable delight and if you’ve been searching for a family-pleasing favourite, look no further. Whether you’re using a slow cooker or an Instant Pot, this meal will whip up in a flash.
Now let’s talk toppings. They can be as simple or as complex as your family desires. In our househohld, all the traditional taco toppings make an apprearance. But my personal favourites are avocado, cilantro and even more shredded cheese. There can never, ever be enough shredded cheese.
So no matter how you like your tacos, or how easy you think a taco dinner is already, you need to try this casserole. It will redefine Taco Tuesday in your house!
Looking for other amazing slow-cooker recipes? This easy Ground Pork Casserole for the Instant Pot or slow cooker is always a family hit!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Spanish rice, cooked
- Avocado, cilantro, crushed tortilla chips, additional shredded cheese, if desired
- Brown ground beef in slow cooker. (If slow cooker doesn’t have browning setting, use skillet.)
- Add onions and peppers and let saute until vetgetables are soft.
- Add broth, tomatoes, sauce and taco seasoning.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. If using pressure cooker, set for 10 lbs of pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in shredded cheese.
- Add cooked rice to bowls. Top with taco casserole. Garnish with additional toppings as desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 447Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 939mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 30g