I absolutely love holiday baking, and I’ve mentioned before that I often go overboard making sweet treats for family and friends during the holidays. But because I’m a busy mom, I do tend to favour quick and easy recipes over fussy and finicky ones. In fact, one of my favourites has always been a simple cracker brittle made with nothing more than crackers, butter and brown sugar.
So, when Kraft Canada challenged me to come up with a delicious holiday recipe featuring everyone’s favourite couple, Kraft Peanut Butter and Baker’s Chocolate, I decided to put a new twist on my old favourite by turning it into a peanutty, chocolatey treat. And the resulting Peanut Butter Chocolate Cracker Brittle was absolutely addictive! With just a few ingredients and less than fifteen minutes, you’ll have a full pan of decadence for your next holiday gathering!
- 40 Ritz crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- ½ cup Kraft Creamy Peanut Butter, divided
- 6 oz. Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 9x13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Place crackers in bottom of pan, layering to cover the bottom.
- In small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and half of peanut butter. Bring to a rolling boil. Pour mixture carefully over crackers.
- Bake for five minutes. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate and remaining peanut butter in small saucepan. Pour over cooled crackers to cover. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Let cool completely in refrigerator. Break into pieces and serve.
I chose Ritz crackers for this recipe because I thought their buttery texture would blend well with the creamy peanut butter, and I was right! But there are plenty of other crackers that work well in this recipe too; soda crackers are another one of my personal favourites. The toffee flavour of the treat combined with the flavours of peanut butter and chocolate is so delicious and even though I still love the original brittle, I’m sure I’m going to be making this chocolate and peanut butter variation just as often!
If you’re looking for even more great Peanut Butter and Chocolate Recipes, make sure to check out the Kraft Canada What’s Cooking website! Quite a few of the website’s recipes are ones I make every holiday season and others, like the Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirled Bark, I can’t wait to try! Of course, make sure to whip up this quick and easy recipe first, though! It’s so easy that you may just find yourself making it all year long instead of just during the holidays!