Baltimore is a city known mainly for being home to one of America’s oldest seaports, but this thriving city in Maryland is more than just a historical landmark; it’s a fun-filled destination for the whole family! If you’re planning a trip to the Baltimore area, here are five of the best family-friendly activities and attractions to check out:
- National Aquarium – The National Aquarium in Baltimore features interactive exhibits, more than 16,000 animals and incredible 4D Immersion Films that incorporate special effects such as mist, wind, snow, bubbles, leg ticklers, scents, enhanced lighting, and seat vibrations! The Aquarium doesn’t allow strollers but when you check your child’s stroller at the door, they will lend you a back or front carrier to use instead.
- Port Discovery – Baltimore’s children’s museum isn’t just for children! With over thirteen interactive exhibits, special travelling exhibits and exclusive special events, there’s something for everyone at Port Discovery! And the KidsWorks three-level climbing structure is sure help your little ones burn off their extra energy!
- Maryland Science Center – One of the premier features of Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, the Maryland Science Center houses a range of fun exhibits designed to entertain and educate. From a look inside the human body to dinosaur dig pits, there’s tons of family adventure in store. Top it off with a visit to the Planetarium and a movie in the IMAX theatre for a fun-filled day of learning.
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards – This old-fashioned ballpark that opened in April of 1992 is touted as “the ballpark that forever changed baseball.” Its unique construction is both state-of-the-art and quaintly vintage and has become the gold standard of ballparks. Why not check out an Orioles game with the family?
- Baltimore Cruises – If you’re looking for a hassle-free, all-inclusive vacation, check out some of the incredible cruises from Baltimore that let you experience the ocean firsthand! From cruises that tour Canada and New England to exotic Caribbean cruises, there’s sure to be a cruise that suits you and your family.
Whether you have half a day to spend in Baltimore or a few weeks, there’s plenty of culture and entertainment for you and your children to enjoy. Check out some of the attractions for yourself and see how many fun, family-friendly activities Baltimore, MD has to offer!
4 thoughts on “Top Five Fun Activitites for Families in Baltimore, MD”
There’s also the Train Museum!
Oh, that would be incredible! In a boy-heavy household like ours the Train Museum would be a hit for sure! :)
My family loves visiting Baltimore! The aquarium is great and my kids loved going to Port Discovery. We can’t wait to visit again soon.
Thanks for your comment, Bee! Did you try the 4D Tours at the Aquarium? I haven’t but they sound incredible; I’d love to know what you thought of them!