Sun-Maid, a company that many of us remember from our childhood, celebrated its 100th birthday in December and a short time ago, I received a fun little birthday package from Sun-Maid Canada containing a Sun-Maid apron and coupons for Sun-Maid cinnamon swirl raisin bread. I also received this delicious recipe and it sounded so easy and good that I just had to try it out!
- 12 slices 1 loaf Sun-Maid cinnamon swirl raisin bread
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 3 cups 1/4 inch diced tart apples, 2-3 medium apples
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. cold butter, cut in pieces
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 325*F (160*C). Brush 12 muffin cups with melted butter. Press one slice of bread into each muffin cup.
- Combine diced apple, sugar & ginger. Divide evenly between bread cups, mounding the top.
- Blend together brown sugar & butter with a fork. Crumble over apples.
- Bake until apples begin to soften and the bread is toasted, about 25 min.
- Serve each apple cupcake warm or cooled topped with 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
My favourite thing about this recipe is that it is so quick. In just thirty minutes, my boys and I were enjoying the delicious apple-filled cupcakes topped with ice cream. And the little morsels were surprising rich and filling too.
The only alteration I made to the recipe was to use melted butter instead of cold butter. It’s just so much easier to blend with the brown sugar and in my experience, it products results that are just as good.
Overall, this recipe was a great choice for a warm and filling afternoon snack or for an easy dessert. My boys and I all enjoyed the treat and it’s quick enough to whip up that I’ve actually made it a few more times since! Why not give it a try, or stop by www.sunmaid.ca to check out some of the other delicious recipes you can create with Sun-Maid!