I am a huge fan of holiday-themed crafts and treats, but for the most part I like them to be quick and simple.
While I know I can find custom cakes for any occasion everywhere from vintage cakes Sydney to NYC, there’s nothing quite like whipping up a simple treat at home.
That’s why I love these fun and easy heart shaped cupcakes! No special pan needed; just whip up your favourite cake batter, bake and decorate! The secret? Crumpled balls of aluminum foil in an ordinary muffin tin!
It’s just that easy and when you’re done you’ll have a beautiful assortment of heart shaped cupcakes that will put a smile on any child’s face!
Best of all, these cupcakes are quick, so when your child tells you Wednesday evening that he promised the teacher you would bring a Valentine’s Day treat for the class, you can keep your cool!
Give them a try and whip up a little cupcake love this Valentine’s Day!
- Cake Batter, your own recipe or a mix
- Butter cream Icing, your own recipe or a mix
- Coloured Sugar, Edible Glitter, Sparkle Gel Icing
- Cupcake Liners
- Aluminum Foil
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Fold the paper liner back and position a small ball of aluminum foil in each muffin tin section.
- Fill paper liners with cake batter.
- Bake as directed, until a wooden skewer inserted in the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from tin and allow to cool completely
- Frost with tinted icing and decorate cupcakes as desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g