I have been cooking with Campbell’s soup since I first learned how to cook and I still love creating quick and easy meals using Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom or Tomato soup as a way of adding easy richness and flavour to dinner. And with fun new products including Campbell’s Stock First Cream Stock and No Salt Added Chicken Broth, cooking with Campbell’s is now easier than ever! Recently I received an assortment of Campbell’s broths and cooking stocks to add to my pantry along with links to some of the recipes on the site and I was so excited to test a few of them out.
I received the products so that I could showcase some Easter recipes, but they arrived a little late and so unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to test them out before Easter. That didn’t stop me from spoiling my family with some tasty recipes featuring Campbell’s cooking stock and broth though! I decided to make the Baked Artichoke Mozzarella Dip just for fun and with fresh vegetables and flavourful foccacia bread for dipping, it was practically a meal in itself!
The only substitutions I made were using green onions instead of a leek because they are much easier to find in a small town and foccacia bread instead of pumpernickel because the boys both favour it. I loved how creamy and cheesy this dip was and with the melted mozzarella, eating it was similar to digging into a pot of fondue, one of my favourite meals!
Campbell’s has tons of other great recipes for everything from everyday dinners to holiday feasting and I can’t wait to give them a try. One of the elements from an Easter-featured mashed potato recipe that I thought was especially clever was to boil potatoes in chicken broth instead of water! Check out cookwithcampbells.ca for more great recipes featuring Campbell’s broths and stocks and cook up something delicious tonight!
- 1 tbsp 15mL canola oil
- 1 leek chopped
- 1 tbsp. 15 mL garlic, minced
- 1 can, 14 oz/400 g artichokes, rinsed and quartered
- ½ tsp 1 mL chili powder
- ½ tsp 1 mL black pepper
- ½ carton, 240 mL CAMPBELL'S Stock First™ Cream Stock
- 1 cup 250 mL shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup 250 mL fresh spinach, chopped, packed
- 4 tbsp. 60 mL Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf pumpernickel bread
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Warm oil in a heavy bottom sauce pan over medium heat, sauté leeks for 2 minutes, add garlic, saute 1 minute more, add artichokes, spices and stock and gently simmer for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Gradually stir in mozzarella cheese a ¼ cup at a time, until smooth and velvety. Stir in spinach and 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to a small oven-proof casserole dish (approximately 24 oz /709 mL) and sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp. of Parmesan cheese. Broil for 3-4 minutes to brown top of mixture, watch carefully.
- Serve with toasted pumpernickel bread cut into strips for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Unsaturated Fat: 0g