After a long winter and an even longer wait for warmer weather, Saskatchewan is finally starting to get some of that sweet sunshine that I love so much and that means it’s time to head outside!
I love being able to get outdoors again, but after a long winter indoors, I do sometimes flounder when trying to plan outdoor activities again!
If you’re also looking for fun ways to get back outside now that your weather is warming up, here are some great ideas for kids and adults alike!
- Visit your local playground: Climb the jungle gym and dig in the sand box for treasures.
- Join a league: Want to get really active and work on your camaraderie? You and your kids can join sports leagues, encouraging everyone to get out, be active and have some laughs with friends along the way.
- Go camping: You might not always be able to steal away to go camping in the woods, but you can always put up a tent a little closer to home in your own backyard or local park.
- Get gardening: It’s spring, and you know what that means – it’s time to seed the lawn and plant your flower beds because it’s gardening season!
- Escape to the cottage: If you live in a city, the idea of escaping as it warms up is extremely appealing. To some this may mean opening up the cottage, which involves cleaning up (both inside and out) and outdoor adventures, including hiking, canoeing and swimming.
No matter what activities are going to be filling your month, finding fun things to do outdoors is so much easier once the weather warms up!
Personally, getting the bikes out and going for a long bike ride with my boys is one of my favourite ways of welcoming warmer weather, but that first ride sure does make for still legs the next day! What activities are you going to be enjoying this month?