Since I love to cook, making a delicious meal for Valentine’s Day is something I really enjoy. And even though I’ll be going out for Valentine’s Day dinner this year, the fact the celebration falls on a weekend means that I can still whip up something delicious and romantic on either Friday or Sunday instead.
Pasta has always been one of my favourite choices when looking for a quick yet delicious meal and this year, Italpasta has a fun and tasty Red Wine Spaghetti recipe that’s ideal for Valentine’s Day romance. Add a green salad and a glass of the leftover red wine for a romantic meal for two you’re sure to enjoy!
The only change I made to the original recipe was to substitute chopped pecans for the breadcrumbs. Since pasta is already a fairly high carbohydrate meal, I decided that nuts would be a better choice since they’d still add flavour and crunch while also boosting the protein and healthy fat in the meal. The results were fantastic!
The alcohol in the red wine cooks out quickly and leaves a delicious rich flavour in the pasta. And Italpasta has such a nice tender, yet firm texture that results in great pasta every time. If your true love is a pasta lover, this recipe is sure to please!
For more great pasta dishes perfect for Valentine’s Day dining, make sure to check out the Italpasta website. Or head to the Italpasta Valentine’s is for Pasta Lovers Pinterest board to get some sweet inspiration. From other fun red-hued dishes to gourmet creations, there’s something to suit every taste. Then whip up a favourite and sit down to a satisfying and romantic meal perfect for Valentine’s Day!
- ½ pound Italpasta Total Pasta Spaghetti
- ½ bottle red wine, preferably Zinfandel
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Pinch red chili flakes
- ¼ cup Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup Italpasta Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water for 4 minutes. Drain pasta and return to the pot. Place the pot back on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the wine and sugar and bring to a boil. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and chili flakes and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the breadcrumbs and continue to cook until toasted, about 5 minutes. Season breadcrumbs with salt and pepper.
- Increase skillet temperature to medium-high heat. Add the spaghetti and any remaining liquid, toss for 1 minute. Remove from heat and serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
If desired, substitute chopped pecans or walnuts for bread crumbs.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g