Easter is almost here and that means that I’m planning a weekend menu full of tasty spring dishes and sweet treats for my little bunnies!
I love quick and easy treats that are easy to customize and that’s why I decided to create a variation of a tasty-looking Chocolate Macaroon Nests recipe on the Kraft Canada What’s Cooking website that I knew my boys would love.
To suit my boys’ tastes, I switched the recipe up to make these Butterscotch Birds Nest Cookies for them!
These Birds Nest Cookies were so easy, and the only changes I made to the original recipe were to replace chocolate pudding with butterscotch and jellybeans with Cadbury Mini Eggs. That way, my boys got the butterscotch flavour they both enjoy and also still got a little chocolate treat too!
I also liked how realistic these Birds Nest Cookies look made in the butterscotch colour! But the nice thing about this recipe is that it can be made with any flavour of pudding for a different look and taste!
For more delicious and easy Easter recipes, check out the Kraft Canada website and see what treats your family might like best.
Looking for more great Easter recipes? This Hot Cross Bun Bread & Butter Pudding is a UK favourite that’s packed with gourmet flavour!
- 1 pkg. 4 serving size JELLO Butterscotch Instant Pudding
- 2 2/3 cups flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 72 Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Heat oven to 325ºF.
- Combine dry pudding mix, coconut, milk and vanilla. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls, 1 inch apart, into 24 mounds on parchment-covered baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until firm. Immediately transfer macaroons from baking sheets to wire racks; press 3 Cadbury Mini Eggs into top of each. Cool completely.
If desired, substitute your favourite flavour of instant pudding for the butterscotch.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Unsaturated Fat: 0g