There’s nothing I love more than exploring the great outdoors, and May Long Weekend is one of the best times to do that! With the snow finally gone and spring in full swing, getting outside for some fun and adventure is always a must for our family. This May Long Weekend, why not throw caution to the wind and see what this beautiful country has to offer? These six attractions across Canada are ones the whole family will enjoy!
- Watch whales instead of Netflix—The Vancouver Whale Watch, now in its 15th year, provides a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the majestic creatures in action.
- Check out the Wildlife Discovery Tour in Jasper, Alberta—the best place in the Canadian Rockies to see wildlife. Follow along knowledgeable guides in search of moose, elk, bear, mountain sheep, wolves, and even loons, eagles and osprey.
- Visit the Sukanen Ship Pioneer Village outside Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. This 40-acre museum contains a pioneer village, antique grain elevator, farmyard and the Sukanen ship itself. With plenty of antiques and room to explore, it gives visitors a glimpse into life on the prairies in the past.
- Venture over to The Forks, Winnipeg’s meeting place where the Red and Assiniboine Rivers join. Whether it’s beautiful scenery, dining, shopping or entertainment, it’s a great place to check out with the family over the long weekend.
- Give white water rafting a go at the River Run Rafting and Wilderness Resort in the Ottawa Valley. This family style raft trip is fun for adults as well as children of all ages.
- Hike the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. From hiking to kayaking to whale watching, the Cabot Trail provides the recipe for a perfect May Long Weekend.
After the adventure is over, it’s time to get you and your family back in tip top shape. If sore muscles, bumps and bruises were a result of the fun times had, fear not as Rub A535™ has got you covered. Try the Maximum Strength Heating Cream so you can get pain relief fast. Does the idea of taking the kids for a hike scream laundry for days? Let OxiClean™ do all the work. OxiClean™ Laundry Detergent tackles even the toughest, dried on stains like grass and dirt, plus it will leave your whites and colours vivid and bright.
So whether you’re watching whales, exploring the past or just want to get some fresh air, go outside this May Long Weekend and explore your province!