I love to cook and if there’s one thing that I’ve learned over years of trying different recipes, it’s that quality ingredients make all the difference when it comes to taking a recipe from good to great. Pasta has always been one of my favourite meals to cook because it’s perfect for both quick and easy dinners or gourmet creations and for great results every time, Barilla pasta is a must in my house.
Recently, Barilla sent me a fantastic package containing a variety of pasta, some fun recipe ideas and a copy of the cookbook Made in Italy by David Rocco! As a huge fan of Italian food, I couldn’t wait to try out a few of the recipes, and this Pasta Al Forno was one dish that the entire family loved.
Whether I’m cooking up a meal for a gluten-free friend, trying to add extra nutrition to a simple supper for my boys or recreating one of my mom’s classic pasta dishes, Barilla has a variety of pasta products that guarantee great results. Give the products a try for yourself and see how fun and easy delicious pasta meals can be!
David Rocco’s Barilla Pasta Al Forno
A hearty, vegetable-packed pasta casserole.
- 1 lb 500g BARILLA® Rigatoni
- 4 tbs 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 15 infornate olives or any black olives, pitted and chopped
- 10 large sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 dried chili peppers, crushed (optional)
- 3 cups 750mL tomato purée
- 3/4 lb 375g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Smoked scamorza cheese, roughly chopped
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for sprinkling
- Cook the pasta in boiling water.
- Heat up a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Pour in the extra-virgin olive oil and cook garlic until browned.
- Make sure the oil is hot before adding the eggplant, olives, sun-dried tomatoes and chili peppers. Sauté the whole thing until the eggplant is soft and slightly golden.
- Once the eggplant is golden, add some salt and the tomato purée. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until the pasta is ready.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Add all the sauce, mozzarella and scamorza cheeses. Stir together well.
- Pour the whole thing into a large baking dish. Top with a good sprinkle of Parmigiano and bake in a 400°F (200°C) oven for about 30 minutes or until beautifully golden and crisp.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 630Unsaturated Fat: 0g
214 thoughts on “Pasta Al Forno Recipe From Celebrity Chef David Rocco”
Spaghetti & Meatballs All The Way! =)
I love a good home made lasagna!
we love lasagna
My entire family love pasta dishes and I like to try different pastas. My favorite pasta dish would be Lasagna with mac and cheese a close 2nd
my favorite pasta dish is spaghetti or lasasgna
My favourite pasta dish is macaroni and cheese.
Spaghetti with meat sauce among many
I love spaghetti with homemade meat sauce!
It’s a dish I make which I am not sure the name of. You have chicken, bacon, peppers, onions, spices and chicken broth along with your noodle of choice. Yum yum.
macaroni and cheese :)