The first day of school is less than a week away here in Saskatchewan, but I’m holding onto summer as hard as I can! And with highs of around plus 30 degrees all week, that’s not hard to do right now.
To make the most of the last few days of our vacation, I really wanted to whip up a treat that just screamed summer. And after being inspired by Kraft Canada’s S’mores recipes, I knew just what flavour of treat I wanted!
Of course, S’mores are generally a treat served hot and gooey straight from a campfire. And since we’re still enjoying luxuriously warm weather, I was in the mood for something cold instead. That’s how this absurdly easy no-churn S’mores Ice Cream was born!
If there’s one key to making this ice cream great instead of just good, it’s the toasted marshmallows. I wasn’t sure when I first put the recipe together if the distinct toasted marshmallow flavour would come through in the finished ice cream, but it only took one bite to know I’d made the right choice. This ice cream has all the characteristics of a fire-roasted S’mores treat and the toasted marshmallows are what made that happen!
The fact that this is a no churn ice cream recipe is a huge bonus for this busy mom, and I was pleasantly surprised by how quick it was to put together. The only real time taken to create the mix was in whipping the cream and toasting the marshmallows. Other than that, the recipe was very much just mixing and freezing. Yet the results are worthy of any gourmet ice cream shop!
For more great S’mores recipes to help you make the most of the last few days of summer, make sure to check out the Kraft What’s Cooking website! From fun variations of traditional S’mores to squares and cheesecakes, there’s something to satisfy every sweet tooth! This S’mores Ice Cream Cake is next on my agenda; it’s perfect for treating a crowd to delectable S’mores flavour in a refreshing way. Give your favourite S’mores recipe a try and say goodbye to summer in the most delicious way possible!
- 1 14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 oz. Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup Jet-Puffed Miniature Marshmallows
- Using greased scissors, cut marshmallows in half and scatter on parchment-lined baking sheet. Broil for about two minutes, watching closely, until golden brown.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk in bowl. Add chocolate, graham cracker crumbs and toasted marshmallows. Stir to combine.
- Whip cream with stand mixer or electric beaters. Gently fold into sweetened condensed milk mixture.
- Spread in 9x13 inch pan or leave in bowl and freeze until firm, at least 8 hours.
- Scoop and serve!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316 Total Fat: 16.1g Saturated Fat: 9.8g Cholesterol: 50mg Sodium: 123mg Carbohydrates: 39.6g Fiber: 0.7g Sugar: 34.1g Protein: 5g