Fall has always been a busy season for my family, and I have to admit that in the past that’s sometimes resulted in my serving a little more convenience food to my boys than I’d like. I love cooking but I often felt like I didn’t have time to create a tasty, home-cooked supper after a long day.
Fortunately, Kraft Canada provided me with some inspiration thanks to its collection of quick and easy dinners! I decided to create my own twist on its Baked Mexican Fish Recipe with a fresh and delicious Pico de Gallo Baked Mexican Fish that’s ready in just 30 minutes!
While the fresh flavour of this dish is sublime, what really brings it together is the Cracker Barrel Shreds. I fully believe that there’s no such thing as too much cheese, so topping this tasty fish recipe with plenty of Habanero Heat shredded cheese was the perfect way to add extra flavour to the dish. Best of all, it spiced up our meal without making it overwhelming for my boys!
While the dish could be made on its own without the quinoa as well, I really liked the extra flavour and nutrition that it added. It saved me from cooking another side dish for the meal and the juices from the pico de gallo permeated the dish to add extra flavour to the quinoa. Overall, this is a meal that was a hit with the whole family!
If you’re looking for dinnertime ideas, Kraft Canada has plenty of other 30-Minute Easy Dinners that prove cooking from scratch doesn’t have to be time-consuming.
And if your family loves fish as much as mine does, this Warm Salmon Roasted Vegetable Salad is another great dinner choice! With a bit of planning and 30 minutes, healthy suppers can be a breeze!
- 4 cod fillets, or other whitefish
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 cup Cracker Barrel Shreds Habenero Heat cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 450ºF and cook quinoa on stovetop or in rice cooker.
- Meanwhile, mix tomatoes, onion, garlic and chopped cilantro in small bowl. Stir in lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread cooked quinoa in 9-inch square baking dish. Layer fish on top.
- Spread tomato mixture over fish and top with cheese.
- Bake 15 min. or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Sprinkle with additional cilantro and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 431 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 136mg Sodium: 389mg Carbohydrates: 24g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 56g