Toronto has officially rolled out the red carpet for some of the hottest names in Hollywood to celebrate the best films from around the world at TIFF. And along with these cinematic masterpieces, many people are also being captivated by the incredible celebrity looks to grace the red carpet.
Nina Farrauto, official Stylist for Batiste™ Dry Shampoo Canada, has predicted the top three red-carpet hair styles for 2016 and shares her trade secrets on how you can get the look at home. You’ll be amazed at how easily you can be red carpet ready in 3-2-1 without the expensive blow out and complicated techniques. It’s all about simple, elegant looks you can master in the comfort of your own home.
1. Loose Waves
“Loose, sexy waves used to be seen as a more casual look, but we’ve seen celebrities rocking more glamorous waves at recent award shows and I’m sure we’ll continue to see lots of waves on the red carpet this fall” – Nina Farrauto, Stylist for Batiste™ Dry Shampoo Canada
How to get the look:
- Part hair down the centre.
- Section hair (two inch wide sections) and wrap pieces in alternating directions around a curling barrel. Pull curl from the bottom while hot to create a relaxed, wavy curl.
- After hair is styled and set, flip hair over and spray Batiste™ Original Dry Shampoo at the roots (30 cm away) to keep hair looking and smelling clean and fresh, and remove any excess oil. Don’t forget to massage Batiste™ in with your fingertips, and lightly brush your hair through.
2. Short and hassle free hair
“Actresses are giving up their long, heavy hair for a ‘no hassle’ style. The look is easy to do for every day, or when you’re looking for a little extra volume at the roots” – Nina Farrauto, Stylist for Batiste™ Dry Shampoo Canada.
Get the Look:
- While the hair is still a little damp from a fresh wash, part hair to the side
- Evenly apply a texturizing spray or mousse and ‘scrunch’ hair into your hands, and make a fist. Do this repeatedly with random sections of hair, and make sure you get all of it.
- Once the hair has dried, lift sections of the top layer of hair and apply Batiste™ XXL Volume Dry Shampoo to the roots (30 cm away). This will provide an instant lift at the roots, and give you some volume. Don’t forget to massage Batiste™ in with your fingertips, and lightly brush your hair through.
3. Creative side swept braids
“The Met Gala is always a great predictor of looks for the remainder of the red carpet season, and this year we saw many unique and intricate braids. A loose side swept French braid is one of my favourite looks and I’m positive a few people will rock it on the red carpet this September” – Nina Farrauto, Stylist for Batiste™ Dry Shampoo Canada
Get the Look:
- Begin with your hair in a deep side part.
- With your hair all brushed to the side, take a section at the front of your hair and part it into three sections.
- Begin to French braid the front of your hair following your hairline, gathering hair into the braid only from the side away from your hairline. This will allow the French braid to lay around your face.
- Once you have French braided all the way down and collected the hair, finish the ends with a regular braid and secure with an elastic.
- Massage the French braid and braid with your finger tips to create more volume and fullness.
- For day two, simply remove the braids and use your favourite Batiste™ Dry Shampoo for revitalized and beautiful waves – just spray 30 cm away, rub in with fingertips and lightly brush the top before styling.
With my wedding just three weeks away, I love the inspiration that these looks give me for my upcoming big day. In fact, I’m planning a style very similar to the braided one for my wedding hair! And with these easy tips, I can even try out the look beforehand and make sure it suits my look. Which hairstyle will you try out first? Happy styling!