Ever since I was a child, Triscuit crackers have been my very favourite crackers. I love the crunch and texture of the whole wheat squares and I often have them with a few slices of cheese and some fresh veggies for a light lunch.
I’ll always have a special place in my heart for the original Triscuits, but I also adore the different flavoured crackers that are now available. The Roasted Garlic Triscuits are perfect for a charcuterie board. And the Balsamic & Basil crackers have the most addictive tangy-sweet flavour.
So, of course, I couldn’t wait to create a recipe featuring my all-time favourite cracker. And as a big fan of sweet and salty recipes, I created these simple and addictive Chocolate Covered Triscuit Crackers!
The best thing about this recipe is how easy it is to make. Just melt the chocolate, dip the crackers and let them set. If desired, sprinkle them with vanilla sugar or sea salt for added crunch and flavour. Or drizzle the hardened milk chocolate with white chocolate to dress up the chocolate covered crackers even more!
The classic salty flavour of original Triscuits was the perfect compliment to the sweet chocolate, and I can’t wait to surprise my family with these fun crunchy treats this Christmas. Chocolate covered crackers may just be their new favourite holiday snack!
- 12 Original Triscuit crackers
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, (optional)
- 1 tbsp sea salt or vanilla sugar, (optional)
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In microwave or small double boiler, use low to medium heat to melt semi-sweet chocolate chips, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Dip crackers into chocolate and place on parchment paper. When all crackers have been dipped, sprinkle with salt or sugar if desired and place in fridge to set.
- Alternatively, chill crackers for approximately five minutes. Melt white chocolate chips and drizzle over crackers.
Crackers can be frozen for up to three months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12 pieces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 589mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g