I’ve noticed recently that there is an assortment of popular online recipes that all involve chocolate chip cookie dough. There are cookie dough brownies, truffles, cheesecakes and even dips featuring the irresistible flavour combination.
So I thought I would share my very best recipe for good, old-fashioned easy chocolate chip cookies. Moist, chewy and loaded with chips, there’s no need to get fancy when your chocolate chip cookie dough makes such amazing cookies!
Two Secrets For Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
There are two secrets to moist, tender cookies. First of all, don’t over-mix the batter. The more the cookie dough is stirred around, the more the gluten in the flour develops, creating tough, hard cookies. That’s why my recipe recommends adding the flour all at once and mixing the dough only as much as is necessary to fully incorporate the flour into the dough.
The second secret to the best-ever chocolate chip cookies is to not over-bake the cookies. They should be just very slightly browned on top and firm enough to hold their shape. A bit of practice will help you to determine the look cookies have when they are “just right” and once you do, you’ll be able to tell at a glance when your cookies are perfect!
Make It Your Own!
It’s worth mentioning that this easy chocolate chip cookie dough is perfect for experimenting. The basic recipe can be personalized in all kinds of different ways. Use butterscotch chips or toffee bits instead of chocolate chips, mint or orange extract instead of vanilla…there are all kinds of ways to make this recipe your own!
Just keep the basic proportions of butter, sugar, eggs and dry ingredients the same and then have fun getting creative! Soon you’ll have your own best-ever chocolate chip cookies!
But first do yourself a favour and try the recipe as-is. If you like deliciously easy chocolate chip cookies, you’ll love these! And if you’re looking for a fun twist on the traditional chocolate chip cookie, make sure to check out my Double Reverse Chocolate Chip Cookies too!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 package (2 cups) milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream softened butter with both sugars in large bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- In smaller bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Stir until well mixed. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients all at once and stir together until almost completely combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix just until flour is fully incorporated and chips are mixed into dough. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on sheets for a minute and then transfer to wire rack to fully cool.
Store cookies in airtight container for up to a week or freeze for up to three months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 dozen Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 4.6gSaturated Fat: 2.9gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 14.2gFiber: 0.7gSugar: 9.5gProtein: 1.2g