In our search for the best weekday meals, my husband and I find ourselves craving new and different dishes that break us out of the routine of chicken, fish and ground beef.
That’s why we’ve recently become big fans of an unsung hero of weekday dinners…ground pork!
Affordable, versatile and delicious, there are so many ways of using ground pork for an easy dinner meal.
And right now, this easy Instant Pot Ground Pork Casserole is a favourite.
Not only is this easily one of the most tasty ground pork casserole recipes I’ve ever tried, it’s also super simple to throw together.
Pork, onion, some fresh or frozen vegetables, and a can of soup are combined to make a rich and flavourful casserole that’s perfect for a busy weekday. And it’s easy to tailor the ingredients to what we have in the fridge too!
The first time that we made this recipe, we didn’t add the potatoes, but put in extra vegetables instead. It was still fantastic, and the whole family loved it.
The second time, we eliminated the celery and exchanged the carrots, frozen peas and frozen corn for a few cups of frozen mixed vegetables. It made an easy dish even easier and tasted great.
The other great thing about this ground pork casserole is its versatility goes beyond just using different vegetables.
Using a different soup gives it a completely new flavour. My husband and I love using mushroom soup or even cream of bacon!
Or, consider using ground pork sausage instead of plain ground pork to spice up the casserole a bit.
To top it all off, all the ingredients are inexpensive pantry and freezer staples, making this the perfect choice when we don’t know what to have for supper.
Filling, delicious, and cheap, with no casserole dish needed…no wonder ground pork casserole is a favourite in our family!
Looking for other inexpensive ground pork recipes? This super easy slow cooker Southwest Pork Chili is a family favourite and super easy to make in the slow cooker, Instant Pot or stovetop. It’s so good topped with green onions, sour cream, and grated cheddar cheese!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 cups diced raw potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery stalks
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 10oz can condensed soup (tomato, cream of bacon, or cream of mushroom)
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Using browning setting on Instant Pot or slow cooker, brown meat, onion, and celery in olive oil. (If your device doesn't have a browning setting, use large frying pan over medium-high heat.)
- Combine meat mixture, potatoes, carrots, peas, and corn in Instant Pot or slow cooker. Stir in tomato soup, water, parsley flakes, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper, and mix well.
- Cover and pressure cook at 10 lbs. of pressure for 20 minutes. If using slow cooker, cook on low for 6 hours.
If desired, canned or fresh vegetables can be substituted for frozen. Substitute Cream of Mushroom soup or Cream of Bacon soup for a creamier casserole.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 269mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 24g