Let’s talk chocolate. Specifically, let’s talk chocolate chip cookies. Is there anything better than a tender, melty, hot-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookie?
Yes. Yes, there is. And it is these fun and delicious, best-of-both-worlds Double Reverse Chocolate Chip Cookies. Half regular chocolate chip cookie and half chocolate dough with white chocolate chips, this cookie is ALL yum.
These cookies were ones my mom used to make on special occasions and as a child, I called them Yin Yang Cookies because of the way the dark and light halves melted together. My husband, though, refers to them as Black and White Chocolate Chip Cookies. Look to the cookie, people!
But no matter what you call them, these cookies are irresistible. And if you go nuts for chocolate, you’ll be in heaven with your first bite. Best of all, despite the fact they look a little finicky to make, the recipe couldn’t be easier.
A few quick tips to ensure the tastiest cookie ever. First, make sure to melt the chocolate for the batter at a low setting so that it doesn’t scorch. Ensure that the bowl you use for melting is completely dry or the chocolate might seize and get grainy.
Second, keep a close eye on the first batch of cookies and take them out of the oven slightly before they’re as baked as you like. They will continue to cook for a minute or so once you take them out of the oven and that extra minute can be the difference between a soft, melt-in-your-month cookie and a crispy, crunchy one.
Then let the cookies cool for a minute or so and take a bite! This chocolate chip cookie has it all, and once you try Double Reverse White Chocolate Chip Cookies, you may never look at an ordinary cookie the same way again. After all, adding even more chocolate to a recipe is always a good idea!
In the mood for a classic chocolate chip cookie instead? Make sure to check out my Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe too! And for fruit and chocolate lovers, my Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Squares are instant bliss!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and mix well.
- In small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt until well mixed.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Divide dough into two portions. Stir melted chocolate into one portion.
- Add semi-sweet chocolate chips to plain dough and stir until combined.
- Add white chocolate chips to chocolate dough and stir until combined.
- Take small scoop of each dough and roll together into a ball. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately eight to ten minutes, until cookies are just set.
Store cookies in airtight container at room temperature, or freeze for up to three months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 60 Serving Size: 5 dozen
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g