While some men may think of summer as a time to relax and let their look get a little scruffier than usual, the truth is, according to a recent study commissioned by BIC Flex 4 disposable razors, that most men still prefer the clean-shaven, well-groomed look even in the heat of the summer. In fact, 93% of men shave the same or more often during summer as in other months. BIC understands how important a smooth, clean shave is to Canadian men and that’s why the company prides itself on providing top-of-the-line disposable razors like the BIC Flex 4, which features four blades, a pivoting head and a large, ergonomic handle.
Recently, my husband received a package of BIC Flex 4 razors to test out for himself. Like most Canadian men, he prefers a smooth, clean-shaven look even in the summer and the wonderful thing about BIC Flex 4 razors is that since they’re disposable, they’re perfect for taking along on a summer vacation.
My husband actually has quite sensitive skin, so having a razor that provides good moisturizing is very important to him. He loved the large lubricating strip of the BIC Flex 4 because it let the razor glide smoothly over his skin to minimize irritation. He also liked the independent spring-mounted blades, which made shaving awkward areas like his chin without nicking himself easier.
To help men across Canada enjoy that clean, well-groomed look, BIC has some tips to help ensure a smooth, close shave:
- Shave in the morning. Your skin is at its best after a night’s rest.
- Wash your face first. Clean skin will help prevent infection.
- Use hot water. Humidity and warmth increase skin elasticity and soften the toughness of hair.
- Apply shaving cream or gel in a circular motion. This softens and lifts your hair and smooths the skin for a closer shave with less irritation
- Use both hands: one to hold the razor and the other to pull and stretch your skin. BIC Flex 4 razors help in this area thanks to the rubber guard bar that gently stretches the skin for a more precise shave.
- Remember hair grows in different directions on your face. First go with the grain, and then go against the grain.
- Keep control. Use short strokes. Don’t press too hard. The four spring-mounted blades and pivoting head of the BIC Flex 4 help to distribute pressure and easily follow the sensitive contours of the face.
- Don’t forget to rinse. When you’re finished, rinse your razor under hot running water – it’s the most hygienic and effective way to clean it.
- Splash your face with cold water. It will close up your pores.
To help your man get that smooth shave he craves, BIC is very generously offering one lucky Mommy Kat and Kids reader an incredible BIC Flex 4 Prize Pack worth $100! To enter to win, just leave a blog comment about if you prefer the clean-shaven look.
No matter what the season, it’s clear that a smooth shave is something that most men (and women) appreciate. So why not check out the BIC Flex 4 razors for yourself and see how easy and affordable it can be to get a close shave that you’ll love all year long!
a Rafflecopter giveaway