I love Christmas baking and I do a lot of it, but with my busy days I need recipes that are quick, delicious, and foolproof.
Luckily, I’ve found quite a few of those over the years, and these Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting are the perfect example!
The fabulous thing about baking with pumpkin is that it creates a very moist and dense dessert that’s sure to satisfy the most discriminating sweet tooth…without a ton of sugar!
But despite the reasonable amount of sugar, these Pumpkin Bars have a rich flavor that kids and adults will both love.
As an added bonus, that means you can cut it into smaller pieces and still leave everyone satisfied!
These pumpkin bars can be eaten on their own, but they’re even better once you spread on a simple cream cheese frosting.
And for those that love a little crunch, just add a cup of chopped walnuts or pecans to the batter right before baking!
Looking for more tasty pumpkin recipes? Try this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll for a show-stopping dessert that’s so easy to put together!
Or if you prefer pumpkin for breakfast, these Pumpkin White Chocolate Muffins are sure to impress.
After all, once fall weather arrives, there’s no better dessert or treat than one that features the sweet, moist flavor of pumpkin!
- 1 cup (250 mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) solid-pack pumpkin
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup (125 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter, softened
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 2 cups (500 mL) icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 13×9-inch baking pan.
- Combine flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Mix together butter and sugar in large bowl on medium-high speed of electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until blended after each addition.
- Turn mixer to low; add pumpkin. Gradually blend in flour mixture.
- Spread into pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, until wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in small mixing bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Gradually mix in icing sugar until fully combined.
- Spread over pumpkin bars and cut into squares
Cream Cheese Frosting
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 54 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 3.5gSaturated Fat: 2.2gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 50mgCarbohydrates: 10.2gFiber: .3gSugar: 7.8gProtein: .7g