If there’s one thing I take seriously, it’s my boys’ nutrition. I make sure that they have three balanced meals and healthy snacks every day. But when it comes to my nutrition, I’m not nearly as sensible. Like so many parents, I tend to put the needs of my boys first and then neglect my own meals. Lunch is a perfect example. I pack Zackary’s school lunch every morning and make Benjamin a healthy kid-friendly lunch every afternoon, but some days I don’t bother eating lunch at all.
That’s one of the reasons that I looked forward to the chance to try the new Lean Cuisine Fresh Inspirations. These fresh-tasting new meals in six flavours are a step up from the original Lean Cuisine meals and feature a clever “Simmer and Steam” tray that allows each ingredient to cook perfectly.
One of the reasons I generally don’t eat frozen meals such as these is because they don’t cook evenly. With the Lean Cuisine Fresh Inspirations meals, the sauce and protein simmer in a separate dish as the vegetables and grains steam to perfection. Then the two components are mixed together. As an added bonus, if you prefer a little less sauce in your meal or you like keeping your meat and vegetables separate, you can mix up your lunch just the way you like it! Lean Cuisine Fresh Inspirations come in six delicious flavours:
- Thai Chicken: Juicy chicken in a tangy Thai sauce, sweet baby corn and market vegetables on a bed of brown rice.
- Chili Lime Beef: Tender beef in a zesty Asian-inspired sauce, edamame, red peppers and broccoli served on a bed of white rice.
- Chicken Teriyaki: Tender chicken in a sweet Teriyaki sauce, snap peas and a vegetable medley served on brown rice.
- Shrimp Alfredo: An elegant mix of tender shrimp with creamy Alfredo sauce, fusilli pasta, broccoli, yellow carrots and red peppers.
- Roast Garlic Chicken: Succulent chicken, red potatoes, broccoli and zucchini served with creamy garlic sauce.
- Mediterranean Chicken: Savoury chicken, penne pasta, broccoli, carrots and red bell peppers, served in a tomato sauce.
I am a huge fan of seafood so I expected the Shrimp Alfredo to be my favourite, but it was the Thai Chicken variety that won my heart. I absolutely loved the brown rice, slightly spicy sauce and blend of vegetables in this meal and it actually left me full when I was done. Best of all, the meal had four grams of fibre and eighteen grams of protein!
If you’d love to try out these tasty new Lean Cuisine meals, you’re in luck! The company is very generously offering one lucky Mommy Kat and Kids reader the chance to try all six varieties of Fresh Inspirations with a prize pack containing six free product coupons for new Lean Cuisine Fresh Inspirations. To enter to win, just leave a blog comment about which meal you’re most looking forward to trying.
I may be bad about stopping to eat during a busy day, but having a few of these meals in the house has made me a lot more likely to take a few minutes to eat lunch myself after I’m done making something for Benjamin. If your time is limited at lunch and you occasionally skip the meal altogether because of that, try one of the Lean Cuisine Fresh Inspirations and see if it’s what you need to help you get through the day feeling great.
a Rafflecopter giveaway