When the weather turns chilly, my slow cooker becomes my best friend. It’s such an easy way of making a delicious meal during the busy holiday season and knowing that a hot, tasty supper is waiting for my family at the end of the day is such a treat.
I have a few favourite slow cooker creations, but I love whipping up new recipes too! So after the first heavy snowfall hit Saskatchewan, I decided to alter my incredibly delicious barbequed Dr. Pepper Ribs recipe for the slow cooker.
These ribs are fall-off-the-bone tender and bursting with flavour. I have to admit, I loved the tanginess of the Kraft Extra Rich BBQ Sauce so much that I even added a little more to the sauce at the end of cooking.
To really give these ribs the perfect finishing touch, I highly recommend broiling them in the oven for a couple of minutes before serving them.
The barbeque sauce thickens as it cools, but it can also be thickened to the desired consistency by whisking a mix of cornstarch and water into the liquid if desired.
When it comes to slow-cooker pork recipes, this one is my family’s new favourites. I am so happy to have a way to enjoy these tender, meaty ribs all year long.
With just a few ingredients and my trusty slow cooker, any day can be a ribfest in our house, even in the middle of winter. Try them out yourself and see what you think!
- 2 lbs. Baby Back ribs, cut into sections
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Kraft Extra Rich BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Dr. Pepper
- Blend salt, sugar and spices together and rub into ribs.
- Layer ribs in slow cooker and top with chopped onions.
- Whisk flour, Kraft BBQ Sauce and Dr. Pepper together until combined.
- Pour mixture over ribs.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3-4 hours.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker and broil in oven for 5 minutes, if desired.
- Serve with sauce from slow cooker on the side or poured over top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 819Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 1830mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 2gSugar: 38gProtein: 48g