I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
I LOVE the big main meal on Christmas day. But it’s always so large that we don’t eat much else for days afterwards. After the heavy feasting and celebrating on Christmas, I like to keep things a bit lighter when New Year’s Eve rolls around. That’s why for the last few years, New Year’s Eve has been a time to relax at home and enjoy an assortment of homemade appetizers.
And one of my all-time favourite appetizer recipes is stuffed mushrooms! They take just minutes to prepare but are always a hit. And as a seafood fan, my Parmesan Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are always a top pick during New Year’s celebrations.
So recently I headed to my local Sobeys store to pick up the ingredients I would need to whip up a batch.
The nice thing about this recipe is that it requires just a few ingredients but tastes completely decadent. It’s rich, filling and so delicious. And for a different taste, shrimp makes a fabulous substitute for the crab as well!
It only takes three or four tasty appetizers to make a perfect New Year’s Eve meal that’s festive, casual and so delicious. And these stuffed mushrooms are one thing that’s always on a plate of appetizers in this house! Give them a try and enjoy a relaxing and delicious New Year’s Eve celebration!
- 12 large mushrooms
- 6 oz. crab meat, cooked
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 4 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove stems from mushrooms and place caps on baking sheet.
- Chop mushroom stems and sautee in small saucepan with onions, garlic and olive oil over medium heat until tender, about five minutes.
- Mix softened cream cheese, crab meat, parsley, 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese and mushroom mixture until combined.
- Pile mixture into mushroom caps and top with additional 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes until heated through. Serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 78Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g