Just over one month ago I received a fabulous Almond Breeze package to help me embrace better health in the new year.
One of my top health challenges has been eating breakfast each morning and I was sure that Almond Breeze would help me conquer that goal. It made such delicious morning smoothies that eating breakfast was suddenly no longer a chore!
But after awhile I realized that I did start to tire of eating the same breakfast each and every day. So I decided to put my creativity to work and see if I could create a savoury Almond Breeze breakfast alternative.
I couldn’t have been happier with the results after cooking up this Red Pepper and Mushroom Frittata!
This recipe couldn’t be easier; simply sauté the vegetables until tender, add the eggs and almond milk and bake until set. But the nice thing about it is that it’s versatile as well. While I used mushrooms and red pepper initially, I also love adding a handful of fresh spinach occasionally.
And sometimes I’ll top my Red Pepper and Mushroom Frittata with my favourite grated cheese for extra protein. No matter what fillings I choose, the results are delicious and nutritious!
I’ve been amazed at how much better I feel since I started eating breakfast every day with help from the new Almond Breeze Refrigerated beverage.
The drink is filling and satisfying so no matter which recipe I’m making, Almond Breeze helps me feel full longer. And I love that it contains so many essential vitamins and minerals!
Looking for other easy breakfast recipes? These Breakfast Cookies are full of nutritious ingredients and great for a rushed morning!
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup Almond Breeze Refrigerated Original Unsweetened beverage (or substitute milk)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine eggs and Almond Breeze beverage in small bowl and whisk until blended. Set aside.
- Place oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil.
- Add onion, garlic, mushrooms and red pepper to skilled and saute until tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables, stirring slightly to be sure ingredients are properly mixed.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until eggs are set.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes, slice and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 279mgSodium: 152mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 13g