I’m a huge fan of garage sales and in a small town, there are a lot of them. In fact, one of my favourite summer activities is cruising around town looking for great deals at local garage sales. I especially like looking for kids’ toys and over the years, I’ve found some great ones! Since my youngest son loves stuffed animals so much, garage sales have been wonderful for finding new furry friends for my little one without having to spend a fortune!
If you’re a garage sale fan too, these eight tips will help you make the most of your garage sale experience:
- Set that alarm clock! You don’t want to be late for Garage Sale shopping!
- Garage Sale shopping might make you hungry. Be sure to bring snacks.
- Wear comfortable shoes! A #GarageSale involves lots of walking and searching. You want to be comfortable while you hunt.
- Bring a measuring tape when you go Garage Sale shopping.
- Think ahead on Garage Sale day and pack rope or bungee cords to secure larger items to the car.
- Don’t forget to Bargain! It is a Garage Sale after all! Make an offer.
- Don’t get hung up on upholstery or wood tones- those can all be changed when you get that precious Garage Sale find home.
- Use your imagination on Garage Sale day. Love that lamp base but not the shade? Easy! Paint the shade!
If you love garage sales as much as I do, you won’t want to miss Canada’s Largest Garage Sale at Leon’s, running from July 31st through August 3rd! With free balloons for kids, free refreshments from local vendors and amazing deals, this is an event that the whole family can enjoy! And with discounts as drastic as 75% off on some items, you can finally grab that new furniture or kitchen appliance you’ve been lusting over.
To celebrate this amazing event, Leon’s is very generously sponsoring an amazing giveaway! One lucky Mommy Kat and Kids reader is going to win a $150 Leon’s gift card to enjoy their own garage sale shopping spree! To enter to win, use the form below. Please note that this giveaway may appear on multiple blogs, but only one prize will be awarded.
Make sure to follow the #LeonsGarageSale hashtag and share your own amazing garage sale finds too. And keep an eye on the hashtag on Facebook and Twitter this weekend; I’ll be sharing some amazing deals from my local Leon’s during Canada’s Largest Garage Sale!