Having just sold a house for the first time, I’ve experienced firsthand the work that goes into preparing a home for sale and closing. The minor repairs were something that I expected, especially in a house as old as mine. But something I hadn’t realized was how much of a difference a good, thorough cleaning could make to the look and feel of my house. In fact, a few minutes of cleaning can sometimes be like a mini renovation all on its own!
Now, with Thanksgiving fast approaching, the timing is perfect for giving our current home a fresh look with a good cleaning. And Mr. Clean has five great tips to help you give your home a 15 minute reno that will have you ready to welcome your guests!
- Behind on your chores? Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is sure to give your home that like-new sparkle. The best part is that it can be used on a variety of surfaces (especially that pesky stove top).
- The inside of the refrigerator has been through a lot, including spills and being occasionally exposed to over-ripened produce. To get the shelves and interior glistening, use Mr. Clean Concentrated Cleaner.
- Try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the shower door to remove hard water stains, cloudy buildup and soap scum; it will save you several hundred dollars versus replacing.
- Often buying or selling a home means needing a fresh coat of paint. One trick to avoid the time and cost is to use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to swipe away scuffs, dirt and build-up from moulding, trim, baseboards and doors.
- Get creative with vintage pieces that no longer seem to have a use. Try bringing a retro chair back to life with Mr. Clean to add unique and practical new decor pieces to your home. (Just be sure to test a small area with light pressure first!)
Whether you’re getting your house ready for selling or you just want everything as fresh and clean as possible for Thanksgiving, Mr. Clean is here to help you out! The company is very generously offering one lucky Mommy Kat and Kids reader a Thanksgiving prize pack containing $50 in Mr. Clean products and a $50 Visa gift card to add a few new accent pieces to your home. To enter to win, just leave a blog comment about how you get your house ready for Thanksgiving.
I’ve been working hard getting my space freshened up and, as always, the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is a must-have in my routine. Somehow my boys seem to get dirt caked around the door handles on every single door and there’s just nothing better for cleaning off that grime than a Magic Eraser. Grab your favourite Mr. Clean products, try a few of these tips and get ready for a clean and happy holiday!