With Christmas just a few weeks away, I am baking up a storm getting ready for the upcoming holiday.
And whether I’m making cookies, candy, squares or slices, I always want to make sure I have enough to feed a crowd.
That’s why I love this amazing sheet-pan style Cookies and Cream Cheesecake!
This cheesecake is great any time of year, but because it freezes so well, it’s a holiday must-have in our house.
Since it makes such a big serving, it’s perfect for a potluck. And I also like cutting it into lots of little squares and adding them to holiday baking trays.
I can pull the squares out of the freezer, add them to a tray of goodies and in just a few minutes, they’ve thawed to perfection and are ready to eat.
I far prefer making a rectangular cheesecake to the more traditional round one in a springform pan because the portion size is so much easier to control.
But getting it out without having the crust crumble and the pieces fall apart can be a challenge. To make it easier, make sure to line the pan with greased foil or parchment paper!
This cheesecake has everything that I look for in a Christmas recipe. It’s easy to make, tastes delicious, keeps well in the freezer and is versatile.
Instead of cookies, I’ve sometimes used mini peanut butter cups! And occasionally I’ll skip the chocolate topping and top the cake with cherry pie filling instead for a black forest style cheesecake.
But no matter how I might tweak the original recipe, this cheesecake is always a foolproof addition to my holiday goodies!
Looking for other holiday cheesecake recipes? Give this decadent Chocolate Ginger Cheesecake a try!
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
A simple and decadent cheesecake that's perfect for holiday entertaining!
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 10 chocolate sandwich cookies, broken into pieces
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into 9x13 inch cake pan.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar until fully incorporated.
- Beat in eggs one at a time just until combined.
- Pour half of cream cheese mixture over crumb crust. Sprinkle with broken cookies and cover with remainder of cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until almost set. Chill at least four hours.
- Melt chocolate chips and whipping cream in small saucepan, stirring until smooth.
- Spread chocolate over top of cheesecake until covered. Let chocolate harden, slice and serve.
Cake may be wrapped and stored in fridge for up to one week or in freezer for up to two months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
80 thoughts on “Bake Up a Decadent Holiday Cookies and Cream Cheesecake”
all sorts of cookies and chocolate fudge
I love shortbread cookies.
I love baking all sorts of cookies
Shortbread to me is what really says Christmas..and meat pies!
I like shortbread and cheesecakes- thank you!
Sugar cookies and make them into reindeer faces
My fave is shortbread cookies and any kind of bar, yumm to many treats at Christmas time!!
cookies cookies and more cookies! I love to bake especially at christmas
shortbread cookies are my favorite
We always bake as a family the following: buttertarts, pete de soeurs and magic cookie bars.