When it comes to holiday baking, I have a long list of must-make recipes. But every once in a while, I discover a new gem to add to my collection.
And this year, our new favorite treat is these super easy Chocolate Chip Chewy Bars!
I discovered the recipe for these bars when I was looking for a way to use up some extra sweetened condensed milk.
Somewhat similar to magic bars, Chocolate Chip Chewy Bars are even easier, since all the ingredients are just poured into a bowl, mixed well, and pressed into a pan.
Thirty minutes later, you’ll have dozens of chewy, chip-filled little morsels the whole family will love!
And, like all my favourite recipes, these tasty squares of chocolate goodness are super easy to customize.
Use milk and dark chocolate chips to make them even more chocolatey, or try butterscotch and peanut butter chips for non-chocolate fans.
A single recipe makes about 36 squares, so you’ll have plenty for those holiday baking trays, or for gift giving.
And, as an added bonus, they freeze great!
No matter how you decide to stir these squares together, you’ll love how quick, delicious, and, of course, chewy, these Chocolate Chip Chewy Bars are!
Looking for other holiday squares recipes? Give these Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting a try.
Or, add an old-time traditional square to your collection by whipping up these Date Squares!
5-Ingredient Chocolate Chip Chewy Bars
Super easy chewy bars loaded with chocolate and butterscotch chips.
- 1 1/2 cups (350 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup (225 mL) chocolate chips
- 1 cup (225 mL) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup (225 mL) chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 can (11 oz/300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 9x9 inch pan with parchment paper, or grease well.
- Pour all ingredients into medium bowl and mix well.
- Press evenly into pan, slightly dampening hands to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Let cool completely and cut into squares.
Substitute any desired baking chips for chocolate and butterscotch. Freezes great!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 7.1gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 50mgCarbohydrates: 18.6gFiber: 1gSugar: 15.1gProtein: 2.7g