If you’ve ever watched your teenager texting their friends, you’ve likely noticed that teens tend to use a lot of slang terms when they communicate.
And now, emojis have become a part of that slang, with many kids using hidden secret emoji meanings to send messages to friends that parents might have a hard time deciphering.
If you’re worried about the messages your teen might be sending and want to learn more about possible emoji slang meanings, you’re in the right place!
These common emojis are some of the more popular ones with hidden secret emoji meanings that your teen may be using:
This list contains over forty of the most popular and widely-used emoji hidden meanings among teenagers.
Here are the top hidden secret emoji meanings that all parents should know about:
- 🍆 or 🍌 – Penis / male genitalia
- 💦 – Orgasm / ejaculation
- 🐍 – The referred person is a backstabber
- 🧢 – Symbolizes that someone is lying or “capping”
- 🍑 – This popular emoji teenager slang means butt
- 🥶 – Refers to a cynical, sarcastic, or “savage” response
- ☠️ or 💀 – I’m dead. It’s used when the recipient’s message is so whimsical, funny, or embarrassing that you figuratively died laughing
- 🌮 – Vagina
- 🧠 or 👅 – Represents oral sex
- 👻 – Refers to being “ghosted” by someone or dumped without any explanation
- 💯 – Means keep it real or “one hunnid”. It can also be used to agree or show approval
- 😈 – This emoji’s hidden meanings are “feeling naughty, frisky or horny”
- 🔌 – The seemingly innocent electric plug emoji symbolizes someone who sells or deals with drugs
- 🍁 – Refers to drugs in general, especially marijuana
- 🎪 – An erection
- 🐙 – Cuddles
- 🐐 – Greatest Of All Time (GOAT)
- ⏳ – This emoji is often used in reference to someone with an “hourglass” body physique
- 👉 👈 – Teens use this particular emoji when flirting to indicate that they’re shy or nervous
- 💨 – Dashing away. It can either symbolize vaping or indicate someone who is in a hurry
- 😤 – Drug dealers sometimes use this emoji to notify clients that they’re selling MDMA
- 🔪 – Represents someone who’s in a foul mood or wants to cause destruction
- 🍒 – The two red cherries emoji is used to represent testicles, breasts, or virginity
- 🔨 – This hammer represents sexual activity
- 🤡 – The clown face has two emoji secret messages. It can either indicate that someone is dumb or something you read is embarrassing/silly
- 🤤 – Teens often use the drooling face emoji to indicate they desire someone sexually. However, it may also symbolize ecstasy (Molly)
- 🌳 or ⛽ or 🌿 – Refers to marijuana
- 🏩 – Brothel
- 💉 – Expresses one’s interest in getting a tattoo
- 🍇 – Testicles
- 👯♀️ – Two women with bunny ears represent sex workers
- 👁️ 👄 👁️ – This emoji combination is used to express surprise, shock or disgust. It can also be slang for “It is what it is”
- 🥴 – The woozy face indicates sexual arousal, confusion, inebriation or a cheeky grimace
- 🚛 – Some teenagers use the “dump truck” emoji to signify someone with a voluptuous bottom
- ✍️ – The writing hand is used to encourage another person to take note or accept the given advice
- 🌽 – Refers to “porn”
- 🎣 – The fishing pole emoji is commonly used when someone is fishing for a compliment
- 😵 – Dizzy face. Teens usually send this emoji after viewing X-rated content
- 🚀 – Drug dealers use the rocket emoji to indicate the high potency of their products
- 🌶️ – The “hot pepper” emoji indicates that some inappropriate or sexually explicit content is spicy
- 🔥 – This emoji refers to someone who’s attractive or something that’s remarkably cool/lit
- 💅 – Nail polish. This emoji indicates that you’re unfazed by another person’s remarks or opinions about you.
How Can mSpy Help Keep Teens Safe?
mSpy is a unique app that helps parents to track their children’s messages, social media texts, emails, real-time GPS location, and more.
This tracking app can be remarkably helpful for parents that are worried about what their kids are talking about on social media.
It contains an array of helpful features that monitor numerous social media apps currently popular among teenagers. These include:
- Instagram Tracker. mSpy reveals all sent and received messages on your child’s IG profile. You can also view shared links, photos, and other files using this app.
- WhatsApp Monitor. mSpy tracks your teen’s WhatsApp to disclose their chats, shared content, recipient information, and more.
- Tinder Monitor. With more and more teens embracing dating sites such as Tinder, it helps to have a tracking app that reveals their conversations on these platforms. mSpy provides a birds-eye view of your kid’s Tinder activity, including shared emojis and sender info.
- Snapchat Tracker. If your child is on Snapchat, mSpy can reveal incoming, outgoing, and deleted Snap messages to help you safeguard them from online predators.
mSpy also tracks Facebook Messenger, Line, Kik, iMessage, Telegram, and a host of other instant messaging apps.
To learn more about emoji slang meanings, check out this must-watch YouTube video for parents, featuring a list of sexting emoji codes that your teen may be using:
Emojis carry deeper meanings, especially when teenagers use them to communicate on social media.
Use this list to ensure you can understand the emoji slang meanings your teen is using, so that you’re ready to discuss any concerns with them.
Knowing the hidden secret emoji meanings that teens tend to use most is a valuable first step in helping to keep your teens safe.