While I love to cook, I do sometimes find myself in a rut of making the same dishes over and over again. That’s when I turn to Chefs Plate!
I’ve featured one of the amazing subscription boxes from Chefs Plate before, and the easy vegetarian Halloumi Pesto Burgers I created instantly make their way into our regular dinner rotation.
So, when the company invited me to test out another one of their food boxes, I couldn’t wait.
And after browsing the available boxes, I knew at a glance I had to try the Spanish-Inspired Steak and Salsa Verde.
Featuring grilled steak with a vibrant parsley and lemon sauce, paired with roasted potatoes and peppers, its fresh flavors made it a perfect choice for a special summertime supper.
One of the highlights of this recipe for me is the fact that some of it can be prepped in advance.
Instead of waiting until we were ready to eat, I made the Salsa Verde and Garlic Aioli in advance, and kept them ready in the fridge.
The other great thing about this, and so many other Chefs Plate recipes, is their versatility.
In this case, since I was cooking on a hot summer day, I decided to cook the whole meal on the grill instead of using the oven and stove.
Making the switch was as easy as heating my grill to 450 degrees, cooking the vegetables as directed, and then adding the steaks about ten minutes before the vegetables were done.
The finished steak with Salsa Verde and smoky vegetables was a hit with the whole family, and I loved how easy it had been to whip up!
If you’re in need of some dinner inspiration, there’s no better way to find amazing new recipes than a subscription to Chefs Plate.
Not only does it make cooking new dishes easy, since all the ingredients are shipped right to your door, but you can choose from a variety of recipes available weekly to be sure you get meals your family will love.
Check out the website for yourself and see how easy and affordable cooking fun new meals with Chefs Plate can be!
- 285 g (2/3 lb) Beef Steak
- 1 Shallot
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Sweet Bell Peppers
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Parsley
- 3 Red Potatoes
- 1 Tsp. Chili Flakes
- 1 Tbsp. Spanish Spice Blend
- 4 1/2 Tbsp. Cooking Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven or grill to 450°F. Wash and dry all produce. Start the recipe when the oven is ready.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces. To a parchment-lined baking sheet, add potatoes and 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper, then toss to coat.
- Roast potatoes for 15 minutes, until slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, cut pepper into 1/2-inch slices. Peel, then cut shallot into 1/4-inch slices. Peel, then mince or grate garlic. Finely chop parsley. Juice lemon.
- To a medium bowl, add half the lemon juice, half the garlic, parsley, chili flakes, and 2 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper, then stir to combine.
- When potatoes have cooked for 15 min, carefully remove from the oven or grill. Add peppers, shallots, Spanish Spice Blend and 2 tsp. oil to the potatoes.
- Mix well and return to the oven or grill. Roast for 14-16 min, until potatoes are crisp and peppers are tender.
- Meanwhile, pat steaks dry with paper towels, then season with salt and pepper.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add steaks. Cook for 4-6 min per side, until cooked to desired doneness. Remove the pan from heat. Set aside.
- Alternatively, if using a grill, place steaks on grill during final 10 minutes of the vegetables cooking, flipping after 5 minutes.
- To small bowl, add mayo, remaining garlic and remaining lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, then stir to combine.
- Slice steaks. Serve steaks with salsa verde over top and vegetables alongside. Serve garlic aioli on the side for dipping. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 870Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 880mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 8gSugar: 9gProtein: 39g