There’s nothing better than a great sandwich; with some amazing artisan bread and the right ingredients, a sandwich can go from ordinary to extraordinary.
Amazing artisan breads are something that ACE Bakery knows very, very well and their bread definitely helps make a sandwich extra special.
I received a basket of ACE Bakery treats to help inspire me to make my own creation and as soon as I saw the jar of ACE Bakery Organic Honey, I got inspired and came up with the Sweet and Tangy Avocado Sandwich.
I started by brushing two pieces of bread with olive oil and toasting them under a broiler until they were slightly golden on both sides.
I think that the Honey Whole Wheat Oval from ACE Bakery would be the best choice for this sandwich but this time I used slices from a Rustic Italian Oval loaf. Then I spread one slice of bread with the ACE Bakery Organic Honey.
I layered aged cheddar cheese, avocado and tomato on the bread and then added salt, pepper and a hearty drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar of Modena. A piece of lettuce and the final slice of bread completed my creation!
I thought the idea of using honey on a savoury sandwich would create an interesting taste when paired with the balsamic vinegar and I loved the result!
The sweet honey and tangy vinegar blended so nicely and added great flavour to the veggies. I don’t know if it’s the best sandwich ever, but it’s definitely one I’ll make again!
If you love unique sandwiches as much as I do, why not give this one a try? Whether you use ACE Bakery bread or not, the unique blend of flavours and textures is sure to please.
Looking for other amazing sandwich recipes? This gourmet grilled cheese is a must-try too, and perfect grown-up comfort food!
- 2 slices ACE Bakery Honey Whole Wheat Artisan Bread
- 2 oz. aged cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 2 tsp. ACE Bakery Organic Honey
- 2 tsp. Balsalmic vinegar of Modena
- lettuce leaves
- olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Brush bread with olive oil and broil in toaster oven until light golden.
- Spread one slice of bread with honey and add sliced aged cheddar cheese, avocado and tomato.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over vegetables and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with lettuce and second slice of bread. Cut in half and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 665Total Fat: 40.9gSaturated Fat: 16.6gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 625mgCarbohydrates: 55.4gFiber: 11gSugar: 20.3gProtein: 23.6g