One of my very favourite gifts to give during the holiday season is something I’ve made myself, and since I love to cook that usually means something to eat! Kraft products are a staple in my kitchen when the holidays roll around, whether I’m making my famous Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares or a tasty Marshmallow Nougat.
Since the holidays are also a busy time, though, my edible gifts for Christmas giving tend to be quick and easy so that I can whip up a few different treats in an afternoon and still have time for Christmas fun. And one of my personal favourite treats is White Chocolate Cranberry Squares!
- 1 package, 170 g. Baker's White Chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Brazil nuts, chopped
- Line 8-inch square baking sheet with lightly greased aluminum foil.
- Combine chocolate and whipping cream in small saucepan. Place over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in orange zest, cranberries and nuts until combined.
- Pour mixture into pan. Let sit until firm.
- Using edges of foil, lift mixture out of pan and cut into 1-inch squares.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 64 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
These squares are as easy as it gets, but they’re also very versatile. I sometimes make them with blueberries instead of the cranberries or with chopped pecans instead of Brazil nuts. No matter which fruit and nut combination I choose, though, the orange zest is a must! The tart citrus flavour ensures the sweetness of the white chocolate isn’t overwhelming.
For more great ideas for edible gifts, make sure to visit the Kraft What’s Cooking website and browse the tasty treats. Or give my always-popular 4-ingredient Confetti Squares a try! But no matter which treats you choose, a gift that tastes great is always a good choice for showing loved ones how much you care!