One of my very favourite gifts to give during the holiday season is something I’ve made myself, and since I love to cook that usually means something to eat!
I have a lot of popular edible gifts I whip up when the holidays roll around, from my famous Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares to a tasty Marshmallow Nougat.
But since the holidays are also a busy time, my edible gifts for Christmas giving tend to be quick and easy so that I can whip up a few different treats in an afternoon and still have time for Christmas fun. And one of my personal favourite treats is this Cranberry White Chocolate Fudge!
This fudge is as easy as it gets, but still very versatile. I sometimes make them with blueberries instead of the cranberries, or with chopped pecans instead of Brazil nuts.
No matter which fruit and nut combination I choose, though, the orange zest is a must! The tart citrus flavour ensures the sweetness of the white chocolate isn’t overwhelming.
This Cranberry White Chocolate Fudge is a little firmer than most, which makes it a great choice for shipping to loved ones far away. And it freezes perfectly!
Looking for more great ideas for edible gifts? Give my always-popular 4-ingredient Confetti Squares a try!
No matter which treats you choose, a gift that tastes great is always a good choice for showing loved ones how much you care!
- 1 package, 170 g. Baker's White Chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Brazil nuts, chopped
- Line 8-inch square baking sheet with lightly greased aluminum foil.
- Combine chocolate and whipping cream in small saucepan. Place over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in orange zest, cranberries and nuts until combined.
- Pour mixture into pan. Let sit until firm.
- Using edges of foil, lift mixture out of pan and cut into 1-inch squares.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 64 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 28Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g