One of the things I love about potatoes is how versatile they are, and there’s just no better potatoes than the ones from Little Potato Company when I’m in the mood for something hearty and delicious.
These Canadian-grown potatoes are tender, quick to prepare and can be used to make all kinds of tasty dishes. Personally, I’m a big fan of breakfast for dinner so when I received a variety of potatoes from Little Potato Company and was challenged to cook with them, I decided to whip up an easy and delicious Potato Frittata recipe!
This Potato frittata recipe is incredibly easy to customize, though I kept it fairly basic for this recipe. Adding bacon is a popular alternative but I found that the cheese and herbs added enough flavour to the frittata that it really wasn’t necessary. Served with a green salad, this makes a great hearty vegetarian meal!
And because Little Potato Company potatoes are so quick to prepare, this recipe is perfect for a busy night too. I love the way the potatoes get a nice bit of crispiness on the outside while still being tender and soft on the inside. And while the oregano and dill were delicious, I think next time I’m going to try this dish with fresh rosemary!
Don’t have Little Potato Company potatoes? Just chop up three cups of your favourite potato variety and use those in the Potato Frittata recipe instead!
And if you love a good frittata as much as I do, this Red Pepper and Mushroom Frittata is another great vegetarian frittata choice!
Find Little Potato Company products at stores across Canada and make something delicious with potatoes tonight!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups chopped potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes, garlic and onion. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are crisp and onion is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, blend eggs, milk, herbs and cheese together with fork. Pour egg mixture into pan, lifting potatoes to let egg underneath. Cook on stovetop for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook for 10 minutes, until eggs are set. Let cool slightly, slice and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 198mgSodium: 207mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g