It’s no secret that I love all things cheese and because that applies to dessert too, I am a huge cream cheese fan. Since Kraft unveiled the new Philadelphia Chocolate Brick Cream Cheese last month, I’ve been having a blast using it to create decadent treats like these Double Chocolate Oreo Cookie Balls. But when it comes to chocolate and cream cheese, there’s just no way that one dessert is enough!
I decided I wanted to create a festive dessert that had gourmet style, but was still quick and easy to prepare. Of course, chocolate cheesecake is a favourite with me so I also wanted to incorporate it in some way. And so my Black Forest Oreo Mini Cheesecakes were created!
These treats were so much fun and looked amazing when they were completed. For the more ambitious, creating a classic chocolate crumb crust for the bottom of the cheesecakes would be a great alternative to the Oreo cookies. But because I wanted to ensure that my recipe could be prepared with a minimal amount of fuss, the cookies were a perfect choice for me.
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 1 8 oz. package Philadelphia Chocolate Brick Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup prepared cherry pie filling
- whipped cream to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with medium muffin liners and place an Oreo cookie in the bottom of each liner.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together until blended. Add egg and beat just until combined.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into muffin liners until each is about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cheesecake is set. Remove cheesecakes from tin and cool completely.
- Top each cheesecake with a spoonful of cherry pie filling and a dollop of whipped cream.
- Serve immediately
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g